• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmichaelj4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I am interested in selling or trading 2 fairly random guns, in hopes if getting enough to buy or trade for a daily carry. I am curious if you guys can give me an honest estimate of what would be a fair offer.

1) M57 Tokerav 2 mags, 2 original holsters, 2 mags

2) Ruger Mark III 22LR target pistol with heavy barrel and blued finish. Has the original box and rail adapter.

Would $400 be unreasonable?

Also would it be better to go to a local gun shop or a place like Gander Mountain?

Thanks!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I am interested in selling or trading 2 fairly random guns, in hopes if getting enough to buy or trade for a daily carry. I am curious if you guys can give me an honest estimate of what would be a fair offer.

1) M57 Tokerav 2 mags, 2 original holsters, 2 mags

2) Ruger Mark III 22LR target pistol with heavy barrel and blued finish. Has the original box and rail adapter.

Would $400 be unreasonable?

Also would it be better to go to a local gun shop or a place like Gander Mountain?

Thanks!
    Look through the INGO ads and see what similar guns have sold for.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    If you try to trade them in you'll get $75.00 for the Tok and $125.00 for the Ruger. They may trade you even up for a Phoenix or Jiminez .22. Sell the guns on here and buy what you want on here. Do your homework on your guns value. Check Gunbroker.com, gunsamerica.com Ect to see what their selling for. :welcome: 2 :ingo: and Good Luck with your sale!

p.. You have to have 50 post's to sell on INGO.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    You'll make more selling here than taking them to a LGS, unless you've got a really good relationship with someone (and if you're here asking, I'd guess you don't)

Are you thinking of a package deal?

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Site Supporter...

If you try to trade them in you'll get $75.00 for the Tok and $125.00 for the Ruger. They may trade you even up for a Phoenix or Jiminez .22. Sell the guns on here and buy what you want on here. Do your homework on your guns value. Check Gunbroker.com, gunsamerica.com Ect to see what their selling for. :welcome: 2 :ingo: and Good Luck with your sale!

p.. You have to have 50 post's to sell on INGO.

Yes 30 more posts, or pay the $15.00 (Per Year) to become a Site Supporter+sell NOW..
    This will come out to around $200.00 to your benefit.

You'll make more selling here than taking them to a LGS, unless you've got a really good relationship with someone (and if you're here asking, I'd guess you don't)

Are you thinking of a package deal?

^^^bubba, I see "The Wheels a Turning" HA HA..Bill.

jmichaelj4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yah I was hoping to trade both up to a ruger lcp .380. I am finally applying for my permit so I need some sort of decent daily carry. I guess I will just up my daily postings lol

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I wonder if this post violates the 50 post rule? "I can't post in the classifieds yet but I want to sell these guns. Do you think $400 for both is reasonable?"

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I wonder if this post violates the 50 post rule? "I can't post in the classifieds yet but I want to sell these guns. Do you think $400 for both is reasonable?"

It may kludge--Heck I got an infraction last year for less??HA HA...

Well, they should at least take that one away from his post count total??HA HA...Bill.

jmichaelj4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indianapolis

Not my intent at all. Should I remove the post? Got the info I needed. Don't wanna get a bad wrap around here, being new and all!

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I just read this thread with the same question in mind.

However, I don't think the OP is trying to pull a fast one. He's been a member for a year. I believe he was asking a legitimate question. :)

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    As I've come to find...a fair price is what someone is willing to pay for an item....

Not trying to be snarky, just the truth! GB, gunsamerica/armslist, etc....you'll get an idea...

jmichaelj4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    One reason I was looking to trade or sell at a shop was my lack of knowledge on selling a gun specifically hand guns to individuals? Is it just cash for gun? Or is there paperwork involved? Sorry if this is a noob question.

ChevyMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    New to the site but I also have a couple older hand guns that belonged to my wifes father that I will look up using the information from this thread. Thanks for the good information.

MrSilkySheets

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Valparaiso, IN
    I actually enjoy meeting the people on private sales... I love learning the history behind their purchase and why they are trading/selling. I always pay more than I should if the seller is a good person.

Top Bottom