What would you do if guns you owned were banned retroactively?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Not necessarily directed to you, but to all thinking along the same lines. Just need to point this out.

This has been said before but I am going to repeat it again. Ex-post-facto laws are unconstitutional, which is your argument. So violating the ex-post-facto law is a no-go, but violating the right of the people shall not be infringed is ok?

Murder is already illegal, firearms in the Newton Connecticut schools are illegal, so we need to remind our legislators, and those in other states, that more laws are not going to prevent what is already illegal as long as deranged people are not properly treated by our society who wrongly believes in equality for everyone. Nice thought, but not able to be pulled off.

I realize this, but this would mean that they've even stopped paying lip service to it or even pretending to justify their tyrannies, unlike the current situation of manufacturing an excuse. To me it's an even greater leap to authoritarianism. And I agree - you cannot legislate morality; it stems from a source outside Government. All Government can do is abide it and promote Liberty, or control and enslave. Guess which road we've taken. :ingo:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Ex-post-facto laws are unconstitutional

Right. It's not like the government could make a retroactive law criminalizing the possession of firearms if you just had a previous misdemeanor violation or even a simple restraining order out on you or anything.

Oh wait...

Look up Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban, or "the Lautenberg Amendment."

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Water proof container, hole in back yard. Nuf said.
    i was thinking the same thing... then i realized that might be defeated by a metal detector or a nice little doggie. :twocents:

Unless the yard was seeded with random pieces of rebar and soup bones. Same goes for the attic, crawl space, basement, interior walls, ceiling, inside the dryer cabinet, ect. Of course this method is not a quick way of accessing your firearm if needed.

Kind of reminds me of that song Silent Running by Mike and the Mechanics. Line about, "There's a gun and ammunition, just inside the doorway."

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    So supposing you had a firearm, ammunition, or magazine in your possession that was suddenly a Federal crime to have in your household, what would you do?
    I would make it a point never to list all the guns I own in stupid signature lines. Never post where they are all kept or how they are stored. I would not post with any real certainty what I would do in threads like this.

If it is time to bury them, it is likely close to the time to use them, leave or live on your knees.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Sadly enough I am very sure a great many of "us" will just roll over when the time comes.
    Those who said that they would give up their guns if offered a "bounty", just shows how much you value your Rights.
    Those individuals, I would avoid like the Plague and never let darken my door again.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom