• ...and so much more!
  • Which is better?

• Total voters

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    What is better? Glocks or M&P's? Vote in the poll and post why you think one is superior to the other.

Taking into account all aspects of a pistol:

Value
    Reliability
    Aesthetics
    Trigger
    Warranty
    Durability
    Ergonomics
    Longevity
    Accuracy

Full disclosure: I own multiples of both and love all of them.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Best is subjective. They are both good guns. Been checking out a smith my son has and I gotta admit I really like it a lot. I like having a safety to.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Both are reliable. Both are great guns. But the Glock has two draw backs in my opinion.

1- The barrel. No lead rounds.

2- It's so dang ugly.

Personally I have an XDm. It feels better and I shoot it better than either of the others. The M&P would be my second choice.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Both are reliable. Both are great guns. But the Glock has two draw backs in my opinion.

2- It's so dang ugly.

Personally I have an XDm. It feels better and I shoot it better than either of the others. The M&P would be my second choice.

See I like XD's as well, although I do not like the high bore axis. In my personal experience, I have seen more issues with reliability in XD's compared to Glocks and M&P's so I personally don't buy them. They are quality weapons, that look and feel good in the hand though.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    M&P- for ergonomics.

Both are superb workhorses in the "guns as tools" philosophy. Out of the box I still prefer the Glock trigger, but the M&P's can be fixed with Apex parts. You can't grind/sand/stipple a Glock enough to fit my hand like an M&P. :twocents:

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Which is best ...the one you naturally shoot the best...The best handgun for you is the one that feels and shoots the best for YOU.......Just pray it's not a Hi-Point........:@ya:..........<><Duce

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    M&P- for ergonomics.

Both are superb workhorses in the "guns as tools" philosophy. Out of the box I still prefer the Glock trigger, but the M&P's can be fixed with Apex parts. You can't grind/sand/stipple a Glock enough to fit my hand like an M&P. :twocents:

M&P for ergonomics and Glock for trigger = Walther PPQ. Better ergos than the M&P and better trigger than the Glock.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    M&P for ergonomics and Glock for trigger = Walther PPQ. Better ergos than the M&P and better trigger than the Glock.

My father has a PPQ in 9mm and it is a great gun. Shoots great and fits perfectly in the hand. I would say the M&P is not far behind. I have shot the M&P in a 40 and was impressed with the feel and accuracy.

I've never shot a Glock, but have picked many up at gun shows. It just does not feel good in the hand. Im sure it shoots fine, just not a fan of feel, nor looks.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    If Smith ever fixes the accuracy issues that affect some 9mm M&Ps then they might be able to get close to Glock. In .40 that M&P is pretty soft shooting and reasonably accurate. I have not shot a Glock .40 so I cannot compare the recoil.

Ideally you would shoot both and pick the one that you shoot the best.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville

2- It's so dang ugly.

I think its so ugly that it looks good, if that makes sense! its boxy and plain and just flat out works, I'm the kinda person that thinks things look better if they are functional, plain, without the fancy gizmos. JMO

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Which one can be broken down easier? I've been watching videos of Glock's being completely stripped and the firing pin taken out and it looks easy. No need for hammering pins or anything. Are there any other guns out there that are so easy to take apart?

Top Bottom