• Which holster to get for my new 1911

• Total voters

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    it would be for CC and Occasional OC and i may be getting a new job that requires me to carry and wear professional clothing so i would say its primary use would be for work and formal outings, i didnt think my g23 in a fobus holster would really look all that good in nice clothes.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Without hesitation I will say no to either the Uncle Mikes or the Fobus. Some folks will give Fobus a break, but in both cases you are buying cheap gear for an expensive piece of metal. I understand the money thing, I am about as cheap as they get, but having owned, and subsequently replaced, an Uncle Mikes nylon holster, I can tell you that there is false utility in buying a cheap holster.

Uncle Mikes "kydex" may be a better bet, but I won't bet on it. Something like Raven Concealment gets a lot of love around here.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i would recommend any of the quality kydex convertible holsters or iwb. the convertible will be useful for range wear or training even competition as an OWB and for concealment IWB. i currently use raven and blade tech, but there are others of equal quality and utility. if you are going to have only one holster, choose wisely. most of us have large boxes with holsters...you really don't know how you will like a holster until you've used it for a period of time.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Pretty open question, considering (I didn't read the rest of the threads!!!!)we have NO idea what you're going to do with the 1911? Stay AWAY from Fobus, UncMike, is a little better, but still...Raven, Blade-tech, Side-armor, or Dale Fricke for plastic. Milt Sparks, Null, Kramer, or Rosen for GOOD leather, Desantis or Galco for affordable leather. DO NOT buy Fobus!!

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You can get an injection molded holster from Blade-Tech that is about the same or lower price than Fobus or Uncle Mike's Kydex.

Top Bottom