• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Fair trials? Absolutely. Seems to me beating the crap out of someone who clearly just tried to kill someone else in a premeditated manner is about as fair as it gets. The "fair trial" should just be a formality at that point and take no longer than five minutes after the fact, else there would be an egregious misuse of taxpayer money.

It could have just as easily been a water pistol or a toy gun. I have no idea what an individual's rights in Bulgaria are, I'm stating that if this would have happened here there is good reason that he would have won money out of it. Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, no matter what you believe.

Now, with him not being an American citizen, do I think he deserved it? Absolutely. But I would be appalled if this same scenario played out on our shores.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    It could have just as easily been a water pistol or a toy gun. I have no idea what an individual's rights in Bulgaria are, I'm stating that if this would have happened here there is good reason that he would have won money out of it. Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, no matter what you believe.

Now, with him not being an American citizen, do I think he deserved it? Absolutely. But I would be appalled if this same scenario played out on our shores.

You seem to be changing direction a bit (a smart move, but simply bowing out would have been smarter):

Personally, I tend to think of our civility and upstanding morals (as a generalization) to be a good thing. I'm sure most people here don't believe in the right to a fair trial though.

While I agree with you regarding our "civility and upstanding morals", they simply aren't the issue here. It was clear to everyone there exactly what had happened. Even if there were any question as to whether it was a real gun or not, I still don't have a problem with the guy getting a beating. People have seriously lost sight of the concept of boundaries these days. It's like yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded movie theater when there is none.

Where I think you went wrong the most, however, was your snide comment that people here don't believe in the right to a fair trial. That's a steaming pile of bull :poop:. What you *will* find is that this crowd is less apt to suffer fools lightly.

Fair trial. I honestly am still having trouble believing someone would even go there on this one.

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    Bulgaria is a tough place with an interesting history. They don't **** around.

p.s. Shoulda used a Glock.

p.p.s. And +1 for the dude giving him a push after he realized, "****, this guy tried to shoot me!"

Ya, I agree. Should have used a Glock Model 7. But maybe they cost more than he makes in a month. :D

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    There is a long version of this on youtube and the street justice doesn't stop. The police/security don't really control him like we are used to here. And the crowd doesn't stop with the punch/jab/kick here and there. My guess is this guy needs to ice down his marbles, he got kicked a few times. He didn't look skilled in working the gun. It looked like he pulled the trigger on an empty chamber and was so surprised, he had no idea what to do.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Where I think you went wrong the most, however, was your snide comment that people here don't believe in the right to a fair trial. That's a steaming pile of bull :poop:. What you *will* find is that this crowd is less apt to suffer fools lightly.

Fair trial. I honestly am still having trouble believing someone would even go there on this one.
    I have already had this discussion and I think I had two people out of the whole of INGO agree with me. James Holmes was found sitting in his car unarmed yet the majority of people on here felt he should have been executed in the parking lot. That's where the snide comment comes from. The people here throw a fit when their second amendment is being encroached upon yet don't feel the need to stick up for any other liberties unless it pertains directly to them.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    I have already had this discussion and I think I had two people out of the whole of INGO agree with me. James Holmes was found sitting in his car unarmed yet the majority of people on here felt he should have been executed in the parking lot. That's where the snide comment comes from. The people here throw a fit when their second amendment is being encroached upon yet don't feel the need to stick up for any other liberties unless it pertains directly to them.

Executing him in his car is a far cry from the people on the scene subduing him a laying a beating on him. I would have been fine if the same treatment were given to psycho Holmes, but of course not summary execution.

Gutless legislators don't have the stones to allow the judicial system to...you know...make JUDGEment calls. Instead they take the easy way out and write blanket laws that require the same treatment for clear-cut mass murderers as simple persons of interest.

Top Bottom