• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    A friend of mine is buying his wife her first gun and she wants something "pretty". I know the sig p238 comes with the rainbow titanium finish and I've seen a ruger LCP with a magenta? slide. Anything else come in girly colors out of the box.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Dude! Tell him to take her shopping to see what FITS her hand best (or better still if she has opportunity to fire a few different things)...Then DURACOAT in any color her heart desires for the win!!

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    American Made Charter Arms has many colors to choose from like the Pink or Lavender Lady models. You can even get them with left hand cylinder release. 5 shot 38 alloy frame and a rubber grip. :patriot:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Dude! Tell him to take her shopping to see what FITS her hand best (or better still if she has opportunity to fire a few different things)...Then DURACOAT in any color her heart desires for the win!!

Absolutely agree. Getting a gun that you might have to use in defense one day based on how pretty it is, well that is a recipe for disaster.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars

Absolutely agree. Getting a gun that you might have to use in defense one day based on how pretty it is, well that is a recipe for disaster.

:+1:

Please have your friend read this post:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-buying_a_gun_for_the_women_in_your_life.html

FWIW, I was all about the pretty when I first started shooting, too (read some of my oooolld posts.. you'll get a good chuckle). When I bought the SIG P226, Lars was so proud of me. Not only did I handle 10 or 12 guns that were mostly black, I walked out of the store with one. Up to that point, I didn't give them the time of day if they weren't pretty. ;)

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    You can get a Rasberry Ruger LCR....A pink Walter p22 and a host of others.
    They may look nice, but if you are not comfortable with the grip or the recoil, the rest doesn't matter. I judge a pistol by how good I can shoot with it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    :+1:

Please have your friend read this post:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-buying_a_gun_for_the_women_in_your_life.html

FWIW, I was all about the pretty when I first started shooting, too (read some of my oooolld posts.. you'll get a good chuckle). When I bought the SIG P226, Lars was so proud of me. Not only did I handle 10 or 12 guns that were mostly black, I walked out of the store with one. Up to that point, I didn't give them the time of day if they weren't pretty. ;)

What changed you?

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Get her a Glock

pink-gun.jpg

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    What changed you?
    Largely, this site.
    And, fondling every pink gun I could get my hands on. I didn't like them much. I think the clincher was when the Taurus Millennium bit me. :dunno:

By the time I decided that I was going to be serious about shooting and that I needed my very own pistol instead of just knowing how to shoot Lars', I'd learned about DuraCoat and sold myself on Goddess Purple instead. :):

Oddly enough, my pistols are still black. Think I might do some color with my Colt rifle, though.

JAH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    The Manufacturers who produced color: Charter Arms, Taurus, Smith Wesson. Of course as others have said Dura Coat!

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    She could try one of these out and see how it feels.
    My wife likes it and it even feels pretty good in my paws, plus it can come in pink also!

walther.jpg

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Thanks everyone. I can venture to say she will will but for prettyness first and comfort second so duracoat is out of the question. she isnt the smartest but she will learn to shoot what she gets cause ..............well the hubby will make her haha

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Ruger LCP has a rasberry frame
    Smith 642 can be had with pink grips
    Charter Arms has a couple .38s available in pink
    Smith M&P9 is available with a pink backstrap
    Sig has the cool titanium rainbow slide

That's all I can think of off the top of my head

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    If all she cares about are looks... get her a Sig P232 in stainless. You can't find a sexier pistol and I imagine it will fit her hand perfectly too.

She might however realize that a .380 in such a large frame is silly or find she doesn't like the European mag release.

But d**** its a sexy gun. I constantly have to talk myself out of one.

Top Bottom