• ...and so much more!
  • What handgun do you carry

• Total voters

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I obviously voted for the Baby Eagle, but i also carry my Kel-Tec P11 if I need to be discreet.

And just for the record, this poll was setup on account of me and my review of the Baby Eagle which I have so very graciously invited a few people to come shoot but only one person has accepted my offer. Thanks Fenway! Looks like there are a few CZ people in here as well. Awesome. Lets get together and compare my Eagle to the CZ. I think that would be a good comparision! :D

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    Savage,
    How does your P11 run? Mine's about to be traded in. I think it's a real POS. I cannot go through 2 10 rd. mags without at least 1 FTF.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Savage,
    How does your P11 run? Mine's about to be traded in. I think it's a real POS. I cannot go through 2 10 rd. mags without at least 1 FTF.

Same here. I'd send it in to Kel-Tec if I was the original owner, but I'm not. Otherwise they would fix it for free. For now, it's just my BUG and Home Defense pistol for when I'm not here with my Eagle. Other than that, It'll be my trade-in for a nice Sig or something...

I do like it for it's conceal-ability. I have VERY few problems with FMJ ammo, but it won't feed HP relably at all. I got some grip extenders for the Mags but I have yet to test them. My problem was keeping a good grip on the gun whilst shooting because my pinky was hanging off. Now the extenders are suppose to help with that so We'll find out in a couple weeks when I get back to the range.

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    Same here. I'd send it in to Kel-Tec if I was the original owner, but I'm not. Otherwise they would fix it for free. For now, it's just my BUG and Home Defense pistol for when I'm not here with my Eagle. Other than that, It'll be my trade-in for a nice Sig or something...

I do like it for it's conceal-ability. I have VERY few problems with FMJ ammo, but it won't feed HP relably at all. I got some grip extenders for the Mags but I have yet to test them. My problem was keeping a good grip on the gun whilst shooting because my pinky was hanging off. Now the extenders are suppose to help with that so We'll find out in a couple weeks when I get back to the range.

I've triple checked everything I can control. My grip, double tapping when inserting mag.... Even though it's a BUG, sometimes I have to make sure my carry is hidden, and that is all I carry. I'm beginning to not trust it, so i am starting to look for something else. I am the original owner, so i have a decision to make.

BTW: Do not let anyone get on you for your choice of a firearm. You have to carry what works for you. If it feels right to you and you trust it, that's all that matters. Carry it well and enjoy. :ar15:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've triple checked everything I can control. My grip, double tapping when inserting mag.... Even though it's a BUG, sometimes I have to make sure my carry is hidden, and that is all I carry. I'm beginning to not trust it, so i am starting to look for something else. I am the original owner, so i have a decision to make.

I would send it in first. The Kel-Tec is a nice pistol if you can get the bugs out. (no pun intended!) :): Try that first as long as you have another carry pistol. If that doesn't fix the problem, I'm sure I won't be the last to suggest, get a new BUG. People suggest the Ruger LCP but it's a bit more expensive. I've never shot one so I can't really suggest it but I've seen more than one person saying good things about them. I will say that the Beretta Px4 Sub-Compact is very VERY nice. It has a trigger pull like a wet dream and is also very concealable. Although I wouldn't consider it as a BUG because of it's price, it is a very nice pistol and was my next choice after my Baby.:thumbsup: But I would have picked up the compact and not the sub compact...

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Dclaarjr would you do me a favor with your Kel-Tec before sending it in?

Intentionally shoot it with a weaker grip than you would normally use with a fighting pistol. I have a theory, I just don't have a Kel-Tec.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Colt Defender :thumbsup:

DEFENDERKING_TAP121107.jpg

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    Dclaarjr would you do me a favor with your Kel-Tec before sending it in?

Intentionally shoot it with a weaker grip than you would normally use with a fighting pistol. I have a theory, I just don't have a Kel-Tec.

I can try that the next time I get to the range. The only problem is with my long fingers it never feels like I have a good grip anyhow.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I voted Kahr since my purchase and break-in of a CW9 earlier this month. This thing is breeze to pack and a great shooter, considering the light weight.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    My carry is a Glock 30 or a Springfield Ultra compact 1911 or a 642 S&W depending on how I feel or where I am going. Sometimes just one of them or at times the 642 will serve as a back-up. I choose Glock because I carry it the most and you didn't have more than one in the poll.

sundogg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Osceola
    XD 45 Tactical. 230gr. JHP. Sometimes a .357 S&W 686 With 180gr.Jhp. Sometimes a S&W 5906 9mm. Depends what kind of mood I am in

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Don't really carry, but one of these is in my car and truck all the time. Voted CZ cause it spends the majority of the time.

CZ 75b .40
    Glock 23. 40
    Colt Series 70 1911 .45
    Walther P22 .22

Top Bottom