• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Picking up a JM stamped .35REM tomorrow.

oMdFNX2.gif

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Arrived this morning:
    Next Level Armament bolt carrier group with DLC (Diamond Like Coating). This one will replace a phosphate coated one that came with an upper, which will go into backup storage. Bought a BCG with DLC from Ballistic Advantage a couple years ago and became enamored by them. They are self-lubing, take oil well without needing to be soaking wet, and have an extremely slick, extremely hard (diamond deposition) surface. They clean extremely easy and quickly. Carbon doesn't stick to the DLC; it almost wipes off completely with a rag. Tail on the NLA allows it to ride on the tail and the rails under the bolt without tilting in the upper.

I'll need to check headspace, and then the gap between the gas key and buffer tube when it fully compresses the buffer spring when I put this one into the AR-15 upper. The latter is important to ensure the back end of the gas key isn't bashing the tail of the upper where the buffer tube attaches when it bottoms out. Should have a gap of at least the thickness of two quarters. I've never had a BCG fail either.

Chad at SOTAR puts them in the second group of BCG behind Chrome, Phosphate with chromed carrier interior & gas key, and NP3 coated, and well ahead of other deposition coated BCG (a 3rd group) due to how those depositions affect critical dimensions. I prefer the DLC for the durability of finish and cleaning ease.

Next Level Armament DLC Bolt Carrier Group.jpg

Last edited:

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Ya, you don’t see or read much about Charter Arms revolvers here much. Most talk is about the newer auto loaders.
    Leave it to me. I am cheap, and trying to retire in a few years (turning 67 2/14). I got a fair bit of flack here when I bought a Kahr CM9. About 1200 rounds in without a problem of any kind, it is my EDC. The CA Off Duty will be my 3rd carry gun with a looooonnngggg trigger pull: Keltec P32 (20+ years old), Kahr CM9, CA Off Duty. So far, I am pretty happy with cheap. The only lemon was the SCCY CPX-2 Gen3. What a POS! Almost 500 rounds and it never fired an entire magazine without a failure. My next house gun may be the Taurus 66, 6-shot, 4", blued.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Leave it to me. I am cheap, and trying to retire in a few years (turning 67 2/14). I got a fair bit of flack here when I bought a Kahr CM9. About 1200 rounds in without a problem of any kind, it is my EDC. The CA Off Duty will be my 3rd carry gun with a looooonnngggg trigger pull: Keltec P32 (20+ years old), Kahr CM9, CA Off Duty. So far, I am pretty happy with cheap. The only lemon was the SCCY CPX-2 Gen3. What a POS! Almost 500 rounds and it never fired an entire magazine without a failure. My next house gun may be the Taurus 66, 6-shot, 4", blued.
    My old 44 was a carry gun about 30 years ago. This was a time before they had a shroud under the bbl. Just an ejection rod. Shot quite a few rounds though it. Couldn’t even say how many that was forever ago. It just stays in the hidey spot. Still have a partial box of silver tips I carried in it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Had a guy and his 4 year old daughter breakdown in front of my shop today. No money and was on way to pawn shop to pawn his hipoint 9mm carbine. Vehicle seemed out of time (distributor issue) so referred him to a shop across the street (I dont do engine work)

Have had the 9mm before and do own the 45acp carbine currently. Gave him $200 for it. Figured hed be lucky to get $150 from a pawn shop for it and knew he could definitely use the money.

Came with the 2 extra mags with the stock holder for them as well as a PA double carbine soft case. Think I did just fine and helped him out as best I could

20240213_191436.jpg

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Had a guy and his 4 year old daughter breakdown in front of my shop today. No money and was on way to pawn shop to pawn his hipoint 9mm carbine. Vehicle seemed out of time (distributor issue) so referred him to a shop across the street (I dont do engine work)

Have had the 9mm before and do own the 45acp carbine currently. Gave him $200 for it. Figured hed be lucky to get $150 from a pawn shop for it and knew he could definitely use the money.

Came with the 2 extra mags with the stock holder for them as well as a PA double carbine soft case. Think I did just fine and helped him out as best I could

View attachment 332899
    A good heart will always be followed by good karma. What goes around comes around. Indisputable fact. JMO

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Are they good revolvers?
    See my post about, "My New Charter Arms Off Duty .38 Special"

After spending an hour with it, 'good' is not a word I'd use to describe it. It seems OK, has some potential, but it needs a good cleaning and a thorough break-in.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom