• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Tomorrow I will be mailing out my application to Governor Andrew M. Cuomo for executive clemency. In it I have included a three and a half page personal letter detailing my life since my conviction. I have told of my contributions to society -- volunteering as a coach at a youth sports league, charity work, other miscellaneous volunteer work -- as well as my civic involvement in political causes. I have included a copy of my entire criminal record (possession of Marijuana, a violation, and a felony conviction for assault) which begins in 1995 and ends in 1998, when I was actually sentenced for the assault. In it is a copy of my current college transcripts indicating my 3.8 GPA, my status as a Dean's List student every semester of my enrollment, my National Science Foundation Scholarship award, and my membership in Phi Theta Kappa. I have described what I hope to do with my restored rights and privileges should the Governor in his wisdom grant me relief. I have two letters of character from professors, and two from friends.

I have no idea if it will be enough, but I am very hopeful that I may be granted relief by His Honor the Governor of the State of New York. I don't know how long it will take to hear back, or any details other than what I was told to do by an officer at the clemency board on the telephone. Wish me luck.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Good luck. I'm not sure now is the best time with Cuomo's recent push for gun confiscation, but there may not be a better time either.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Good luck. I'm not sure now is the best time with Cuomo's recent push for gun confiscation, but there may not be a better time either.

Believe me, I've thought of that. Part of the delay was waiting for paperwork (transcripts and phi theta kappa membership), and another part was hesitation on my part for fear of rejection. After the horror in CT, I don't want to wait any longer at all, for fear of some other piece of madness.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Good luck..... From what I have seen of you on the forums I see no reason why you shouldn't be given your rights back

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Sounds like you're one of the good ones now. It would be great if you could join the club for real. I hope he comes through for you :)

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Sounds to me like you made some silly mistakes and have grown up since. The only difference between you and half the rest of the planet is that they didn't get caught. Good for you for making something of yourself. Prayers are best wishes are with you. I hope everything works out for you. Seems to me like you deserve it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hope this works out for you. I have stepped in more than a few of lifes chuckholes along the way. Lucky to be here and enjoying life at this level.

Top Bottom