• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I caught the end of it, he does much better as a cheer leader amongst his own than he does in debates with anti-gun people.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    Nice. I went to the NRA convention in St. Louis last spring and heard him. My wife and I also sent him and Heston invitations to our wedding back in the day. We did get a reply, but that they declined. We kept the card of course. LOL

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    P.S. I just saw this link on Drudge (small world)...

NRA chief: ‘Charade’ on guns was revealed in State of the Union
    By Daniel Strauss - 02/14/13 07:04 PM ET

President Obama’s gun-control push was revealed as a “charade” during Tuesday night’s State of the Union address, according to the leader of the National Rifle Association.
    NRA Chief Executive Wayne LaPierre said Obama’s speech exposed the “fraudulent intentions” behind his call for new restrictions on firearms and high-capacity magazines.
    “It was only a few weeks ago when they were marking their anti-gun agenda as a way of protecting school children from harm. That charade ended at the State of the Union, when the president exposed their fraudulent intentions. It's not about keeping kids safe at school. That wasn't even mentioned in the president's speech."
    Speaking at the National Wild Turkey Federation convention in Nashville, LaPierre said proponents of stricter gun laws are really just trying to take guns away from law-abiding citizens.
    "They only care about their decades-long, decades-old gun control agenda," LaPierre said. "Ban every gun they can. Tax every gun sold. And register every American gun owner. The president has taken the art of public deception and manipulation to a whole new level."
    He vowed that defenders of the Second Amendment would “stand and fight."
    "We will not be duped by the hypocrisy in the White House, or the Congress, who would deny our right to semi-automatic technology and the magazines we need to defend ourselves," LaPierre said.
    Obama on Tuesday night prodded Congress to hold votes on universal background checks and other gun restrictions. He cited last year’s massacre of schoolchildren in Newtown, Conn., as a reason to take action.
    “If you want to vote ‘no,’ that’s your choice,” Obama said. “But these proposals deserve a vote. Because in the two months since Newtown, more than a thousand birthdays, graduations and anniversaries have been stolen from our lives by a bullet from a gun.”
    LaPierre said the president’s proposals would do nothing to prevent tragedies similar to Newtown, and argued universal background checks wouldn’t stop criminals from obtaining weapons.
    "The people who will be checked if the president gets his way are the law-abiding, sane, decent Americans," LaPierre said. "It's going to be our names, the names of good people that will be put into this massive database subject to federal registration and subject to abuse of your privacy. And none of it … does anything to keep our children safer in schools.”
    Instead of stricter gun laws, LaPierre has called for armed guards in every American school.
    "We're calling for that because when it comes to keeping our family and our children safe, nothing else matters," LaPierre said.

Link:
    NRA chief:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    NRA is a political organization that is interested in the NRA. I think they will sell us out at some point and all that money will have been for naught. Hope I'm wrong but history says I'm not.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    NRA is a political organization that is interested in the NRA. I think they will sell us out at some point and all that money will have been for naught. Hope I'm wrong but history says I'm not.

The only reason you have an AR-15 or can carry concealed is the NRA. Try not to forget that.

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    The speech he gave didn't really say anything that hasn't been said already. Guess I was hoping for something new other than several common sense recommendations and a smattering of Obama bashing. I really think he would get further if he left the personal attacks out of it. (just for note, I am not an obama supporter)

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    NRA needs to hire someone who can speak matter of fact-like. LaPierre's phony gestures drive me nuts.

If anybody has seen the new NRA News/Cam and Company, I really feel that Cam Edwards would be a great representative to speak on our behalf. Wayne is a great guy, I'm sure...however, his delivery is from the '50s and amateur at best.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Yeah, I don't like LaPierre's presence on camera. Maybe someone younger to balance things out would help. It's easy to preach to the choir -- if the NRA gets a hipster in skinny jeans and thick black glasses in a fedora, it might grab that demographic. They could tag team like a news team to cover all bases.

Top Bottom