Water BOB - Anyone want to go in on one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    I found this Water BOB that has gotten good reviews. You put it in your tub and fill it with water, holds like 100 gallons.

WaterBOB®: emergency drinking water storage

They have a deal where you can buy 4 and get one free. With shipping it works out to about $18.35 each.

I'd like one but don't need 5 and I just love a deal. So if I can get 4 others who are interested I'll pull the trigger. I'm only looking for people that can meet in or around Indy (69 Fishers or all around 465).

Price would be $18.35 (unless for some reason they charge tax, which they shouldn't being in FL).

Let me know. Thanks

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Suggest you post this in the GROUP BUY section if you can.
    @ $20 I'll be interested in one myself. You can count me in.

ps.
    Just emailed my extended family to see if anyone wants one as well.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    That is a pretty cool solution. However a bit pricey and I bet replacing the filters is even more expensive.

I thought about putting in in the Group Buy forum but I didn't have much luck with that last time I tried. I don't think the GB forum brings in many people. I'm hoping there will be interest from the like minded people in Survival.

Thanks

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Wait, how about just filling your bathtub with water? It's waterproof, isn't it? I clean mine every once in awhile so it should be pretty good to go, no?

Are we worried about evaporation or something? The dog drinking out of it perhaps after licking his butt? I think I answered my own question right there!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wait, how about just filling your bathtub with water? It's waterproof, isn't it? I clean mine every once in awhile so it should be pretty good to go, no?

Are we worried about evaporation or something? The dog drinking out of it perhaps after licking his butt? I think I answered my own question right there!

Yes you could just fill up the bath tube as a last resort. Problem is contamination of the water afterwards. Which you hit on the nose with the dogg scenario. Even if you don't have a dog, your tube is NOT the cleaning thing in the world. After all you take a bath in it! Yes you clean it but with what? HARSH CHEMICALS! So it's a bit wiser to use some type of food container for the water. This works and is cheap. Cheaper is just filling old 2 litter bottles. Cheapest is just fill the tub.

BTW Iput me down for 1 have gotten 1 no reply from my sister and no replues yet from the rest. millsusaf you are close to indy right? I'm in NWI but have a sister in indy who could pick this up for me I hope.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    So can you tell me where to get a shower head for my toilet so I can shower in there while the tub is full with a bladder? :-D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If you have to fill your tube up with emergency water (100 gal) then the SHTF has occurred and the last thing you are going to be worried about is taking a bath!
    =p

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This thing is a really good idea. I'm envious of yet another person who took a great idea and made it into a marketable and useful product that will both make him some money and help some people. Win-win.

Heck, it could even be used for a bed for a small person!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Good idea! Anyone heard of a smaller version? Like one that might fit into one of those 20gal plastic bins. A few of those and the tub would remain usable.

Only problem with that is moving the 20 gal bin after wards.
    1 gal = 8.34 lbs; 20 gal bin = 166 lbs which may be more than that plastic can handle without it warping.

PS.
    OP do we can enough orders now?

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    I was just checking that. If I got all the "I'll take one"s we have 4, maybe 5. Oh...and yes I'm in Indy, Fishers to be more exact.

I'll PM United to see if he wants the 2.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Question: Where do you get the good water to put in the BOB once an emergency situation arises? Or do you just keep your bath tub "BOB" occupied all the time?

The product is marketed for coast areas where hurricanes come and make a mess of the power grid. In that type of environment people have days typically to get prepared. It would be durig that days pre-time that you store your water.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    We have reached the magic 5 mark.

Do we want to wait a few days to see if we get any additional interest to make it a bit cheaper?

What say you?

Thanks

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    I'll message the other 2 and see what they say. Majority wins and I don't care either way.

Once I get them in I'll let you know and we can arrange to meet. Payment then, cash.

Thanks

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom