• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    On our recent trip to Washington D.C, we went to several of the Museums.

First thing I noticed was the armed guards. Their patches said "special police". I could not tell if they were real police, or rent a cops.

Second, they all carried revolvers. Looked like Taurus's.

I guess my main question, is why were they carrying revolvers? Just don't see that anymore.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

First thing I noticed was the armed guards. Their patches said "special police". I could not tell if they were real police, or rent a cops.

I guess my main question, is why were they carrying revolvers? Just don't see that anymore.
    Maybe Bob Munden trained them with the proper use of a cowboy gun :D

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm in Baltimore for work right now and went down to DC yesterday and saw the same thing at the museums. The thing that threw me off was when we were at the Lincoln Memorial they had a ATV that said "United States Police" on it. Since when did the US get a police department? Now correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that make it a police state?

Mike F

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I asked a guard at a DC office why they all carried revolvers. He said that a DC ordinance prevented them from carrying anything more powerful.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    My guess is that they are for keeping their own police in check as to not have "high cap" mags!! who knows, but its definitely scary, the gov't is doing so many things that are beyond suspicion. its gonna be tough to get the police force(outside of major cities where the unions are corrupt) to be on the side of the gov't rather than the people, so my guess is they need a new force, DHS.

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    What's wrong with carrying revolvers? :dunno: They will kill a person just as dead and have been doing so for over 170 years. :draw:Killing a human is no harder today than yesterday.

Not saying anything bad about revolvers. I'm a big fan of them myself. I have just never seen dozens of officers from the same department carrying all revolvers(in recent years anyways).

There must be a reasoning. Just wondered what it my be. I thought about asking, but it felt like saying the word "bomb" on a airplane! Being with a middle school class trip, I didn't want to be the guy tackled to the ground. :-)

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I asked a guard at a DC office why they all carried revolvers. He said that a DC ordinance prevented them from carrying anything more powerful.

......because there are no powerful revolver chamberings?:n00b:

Don't let that perp know you shot him in the ass with that .475 Linebaugh or .500 S&W, if he finds out he'll be most agitated!!:facepalm:

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I believe that they are all rent-a-cops and I think D.C. only allows armed security to carry revolvers.:dunno: I could be wrong, but I think I heard it on the internet somewhere.:D

SwiftStorm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Kokomo
    I asked a few officers in DC this week and was giving the same answer. There are many divisions of law enforcement here. Maybe, as many as 50 unique. CRAZY Some are Park Police, uniformed branch of Secret Service, Park Services, Capitol Police, Metro Police, Museum Service (renta cop). The list goes on and on. Special allowances made since DC is not a State.

Each service seemed to carry different side arms. Nothing in the museum.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South

Duh...impending high capacity mag ban :):

Top Bottom