• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • larryhayden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    I really enjoy shooting 22's. I curently shoot a walther p22q. Ive Been looking at the colt ar style 22? does any one know anything about there preformance? Trust me i would rather shoot an A.R but i can not afford it.:rockwoot:

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had a Colt but the only thing Colt in that rifle is the name, they are made by Walther then imported by somebody else. The barrel is thin with a sleeve, the bolt doesn't come out for cleaning. I don't recommend buying the Colt as don't think will last and or easy to maintain, I try several of the .22 platforms Sig 522, Colt M4, Ruger 10/22, M&P 15-22. The M&P 15-22 I like the features and how is put together, it uses all the accesories of the regular AR15 so the sky is the limit to make how you wanted. I put thousands of rounds down range with no issues is light and everything is the same place as the the AR15 so I practise with the same platform that I use for SD so to me is the best choice out there but that is just my opinion.

j22in

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Indy West
    I can second that. I own a M&P15-22 as well. It's blast to shoot, super easy to tear down and clean, and the mags are very easy to load. Well worth the price tag.

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    I had a Colt but the only thing Colt in that rifle is the name, they are made by Walther then imported by somebody else. The barrel is thin with a sleeve, the bolt doesn't come out for cleaning. I don't recommend buying the Colt as don't think will last and or easy to maintain, I try several of the .22 platforms Sig 522, Colt M4, Ruger 10/22, M&P 15-22. The M&P 15-22 I like the features and how is put together, it uses all the accesories of the regular AR15 so the sky is the limit to make how you wanted. I put thousands of rounds down range with no issues is light and everything is the same place as the the AR15 so I practise with the same platform that I use for SD so to me is the best choice out there but that is just my opinion.

+1
    My favorite local gunshop stopped carrying the Colt for that very reason. They now recommend the M&P 15-22. My son and son-in-law both have the 15-22 and they love it.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Two of dozens and dozens of side by side reviews out there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm3RUvVhpU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c1anh90dt0

It was my understanding before this thread (which may have modified it a little), the "Colt" is actually a Uramex, which was originally and is largely an airsoft company, that was bought by Walther, which is now owned by Colt, so it's in name only; but from reading dozens and dozens of reviews, it's apparently its the airsoft level of Quality Control, on a firearm. I can find the 15-22s pretty easy, I saw one Colt .22 M4 at one gander mountain one time, so I was able to do a little side by side comparison and 15-22 is more AR like, it's just like most M&P items more polymer (which I carry Glocks so I understand it's tougher in many situations, and I'm ok with that, not everybody is though which is why I mention it_. So for my money I'd get the M&P 15-22; even though my .556/.223 is indeed a real Colt. That said my 10/22 still keeps me busy enough that I'm yet to be seeking out an AR platform 22.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'd recommend the S&W 15-22. I have the MOE version, and it is a blast. Match it up with a Primary Arms red dot and you've got some real fun.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I just ordered the M&P MOE in FDE... After trading Clay for a 15-22P, I had to get the full sized version to match! Funny little plinker, for sure!

oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    m&p 15-22 is the best way to go. they shoot really good easy to take apart and clean. you would be very happy with it. the p22 i have heard that they get dirty very easy. but it is all up to what a person likes. as long as you like it and are happy with it then there ya go.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom