• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    More likely they only ship from fulfillment warehouses and never from stores.
    Warehouse ships 5 to the fulfilment warehouse, 10 to your local store.
    Online sells all 5. Store Sells 5.
    Now when you go to order, the source for your order is out, and they have no mechanism to send one of those 5 in your store back up the chain to transfer to the fulfilment warehouse, or direct ship to you. Most retail stores are not set up to ship something direct from the store.

I suspect the only way you are going to get it is to drive to the store or add it to a grocery delivery order where they bring your groceries to you instead of curbside. But I'd recommend against that because I see inquiries on local social media where my neighbors are asking either if somebody got their walmart delivery, or if anyone is missing a delivery because boxes magically appeared on their porch. I think they sub those out to door dashers and the like.
    I was shopping for pickup from stores, not ship to home. Wound up driving a good ways from home to get the item after an order finally went though and I got the "ready for pickup" notification. It was a specialty holiday item, and only Walmart carried it. Not available online, in stores only, so if I wanted it I had to find a store with the item in stock.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just kept on shopping as normal. I'm too picky to let someone else do it. I don't even like to have DoggyMama do it. :lmfao:
    I can understand that. I do all the grocery shopping in our house as well. That said, wife has a serious heart condition and during the pandemic I was trying to keep contact low where I could and was taking advantage of being a hermit as much as possible.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    We've had it happen before, but usually after the app says there's a problem with your order...pickup window has been pushed back. Then the next day they just outright cancel the order. Makes no sense.

jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington
    It was tires, they have virtually no options in the store for what I believe is a common size 215/60/r16, all online.

Interesting thought, rolling 10-15 years in the future to a possible documentary "The Rise & Fall of the Walmart Empire"
    I've had my tire orders cancelled for suspected fraud. After several attempts and attempted talking to a walmart.com rep, I went to the store. There I was told they couldn't order tires from walmart.com, but had to use a different site, so the tires I wanted weren't available and everything was $20-$50 more per tire, for lesser quality. I gave up and went somewhere else.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sadly, I think we are down to the lowest common denominator in our retail workforce. You see it more and more.

Customer service went out the door some years ago, with counting back change and such. These days it's all about just clearing the backlogs and getting the customer out of their way, or in some cases training the customer to handle the whole transaction themselves.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    It is laughable that they are trying to sell a subscription to walmart.com, walmart+(?).

Massive incompetence & horrible laggy site loaded with advertisement, a poor imitation of amazon.

I have had a plus membership at sams, not happy with them either. I have tried to "vote with my dollars" for some time, seems that we are down to the point of having only poor choices & picking the best of the poor choices.

Maybe I am getting old & cranky.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It is laughable that they are trying to sell a subscription to walmart.com, walmart+(?).

Massive incompetence & horrible laggy site loaded with advertisement, a poor imitation of amazon.

I have had a plus membership at sams, not happy with them either. I have tried to "vote with my dollars" for some time, seems that we are down to the point of having only poor choices & picking the best of the poor choices.

Maybe I am getting old & cranky.
    I don't order a lot of stuff, but when I do, it's usually for store pickup. I haven't had a problem (yet) ordering online and pickup up from Target, Lowes or Home Depot. Walmart is hit and miss, I just roll my eyes and put up with it. I don't order groceries, just miscellaneous stuff on occasion. For groceries, I just show up and get what I can get.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I don't order a lot of stuff, but when I do, it's usually for store pickup. I haven't had a problem (yet) ordering online and pickup up from Target, Lowes or Home Depot. Walmart is hit and miss, I just roll my eyes and put up with it. I don't order groceries, just miscellaneous stuff on occasion. For groceries, I just show up and get what I can get.
    Pretty much sworn off Walmart myself. No big agenda, I can just get much better service, and a better experience on website and in store in many other places these days.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It was tires, they have virtually no options in the store for what I believe is a common size 215/60/r16, all online.

Interesting thought, rolling 10-15 years in the future to a possible documentary "The Rise & Fall of the Walmart Empire"

I just ordered tires from Walmart. They shipped from a third party vendor tire shop. Not everything from walmart.com is from Walmart.
    They sent 3 16's and a 17. And couldn't install the third party walmart.com tpms sensors for my car, because their universal learning tool something something here buy these instead. By the time I got the other tire, I couldn't send back the sensors.

Top Bottom