• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yep, here come all the WalMart haters. Too many threads about hating on WalMart already.:rolleyes:

Not very sure how you deduced that I was hating on WalMart by asking a simple question. It's been my experience that the service offered by our local gun stores has been light years ahead of any counter person that took 15 minutes or longer (not my department, let me find someone) to chase down at our local WalMart. Plus, their (local gun shop) knowledge and experience make me feel a lot better about my purchases than the multitude of "Um, I'm not sure" responses that is common from the WalMart people when asked questions. Not hatin', just statin'!

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Logansport is carrying them once again, after approx. a ten year break.

I haven't seen anything there that impressed me. Still only selling "sporting use" firearms.

ShootinDave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    wmart in Plymouth has two display cases of long guns and a sign that says you can order handguns out of thier catalog

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Not to thread jack, but what's wrong with buying from the local guys?

The company I work for passes out $100 WM gift cards if we have a good month, I currently have 3 in my wallet. I can buy a lot of goodies for 0$ out of pocket by doing it at Walmart.
    But, to answer your question, there is nothing wrong with buying from local guys. Bradis and the Camby WM are about the same distance from my house, and I shop both, depending on what I need.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The Seymour one carries them. It may be the closest one to Greenwood that has them. Stop in Acme when you're in Seymour. It's just a few blocks away.

Good luck...

Yep, Seymour Walmart has firearms and is usually well stocked with ammunition. I have talked to the "department manager" and she was very nice and extremely helpful. There are a couple employees that I see back there (so I assume they are full time) and they are always equally friendly and helpful. Every once in a while they have some darn kid working back there and they are always worthless. Overall the Seymour WalMart is good to go and I never hesitate to buy ammo and other goodies from them. I would buy a gun from there if they had what I want.

Seymour also has ACME, Bite the Bullet, & Bass Masters. So, no lack of guns or ammo around here.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walmart in Jasper as of yesterday had their display cases full... 26 to be exact. They were all 22 or shot guns. to my knowledge, they have never sold pistols.

The 22's I have seen range anywhere from $10 to $15 cheaper than the local guys. IMO if I am going to buy a riffle, I will just go to the local dealer. Walmart doesn't know anything about the riffles and it takes forever to get a manager back there to call in the back ground check..... Plus the local walmart is 19miles from me...

If you went to a local gun shop and asked them for a riffle, rhymes with wiffle, they probably wouldn't know anything about them either. ;)

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    If you went to a local gun shop and asked them for a riffle, rhymes with wiffle, they probably wouldn't know anything about them either. ;)

Good grief!!!! No wonder walmart doesn't know anything... Guess maybe I will have better luck about a Rifle instead of a riffle.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for catching that! My firefox didn't......

OS3-USN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Franklin, IN
    Yep, here come all the WalMart haters. Too many threads about hating on WalMart already.:rolleyes:
    There's plenty to hate about them. At the top of the list is their involvement with Homeland Security and the "See Something Say Something" program. Once they got into bed with Big Sis I stopped going.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Not to thread jack, but what's wrong with buying from the local guys?

I to do not understand that, all the helping small business talk. That as well as the Clinton bashing yet let's shop at Mal Wart.
    Just my opinion-so take it for what it's worth-nothing to anyone but myself.

But, OP wanted to know how to find out prices and which store sells guns, he is trying to get a feel for what he should be paying and simply asked about pricing at WalMart. Sure it will save him some driving around if he can get genuine help off of the net or from friends here at INGO. It's not to say that he will buy it from WalMart but simply an option for him. The way I see it is that it is his money and he is free to spend it where he wants. I would like everyone to spend within my beliefs but realize that it isn't realistic. So instead of telling the OP that he is wrong in what he is doing or that his possible place of purchase is ignorant I would rather offer some help and possibly some other alternatives in his area. Goes a lot further than the standard bashing threads (no accusations towards anyone). Just too easy to say "Don't go to WalMart", so a how about "You may also consider XYZ Gunshop, it's close as well with reasonable prices". We are free to spend our money where we want in this GREAT COUNTRY.

No, I don't watch Dr. Phil, just read/listened to too many arguments when all I/they asked was for some help.

Now, back to our regular scheduled thread......:patriot:

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    I know for sure the one in greenwood does not sell guns but I was in Jasper Indiana and I'm for sure they do

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My friend told me to check out wal-mart online to purchase firearms but I am having no luck...can someone tell me the location of a wal-mart in indiana that sales firearms...does anyone know how to get firearms prices? Has anyone purchased a firearm from wal-mart?

The one on 10th Street in Columbus has rifles and shotguns, but no handguns. I'm not sure about the one south of 46 out west of town.

Top Bottom