• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    For those of you who have been curious about this scope, I think ill have 1 at the indy 1500. It wont be forsale as they have not been released yet, but it will give you a opportunity to get some hands on experiance with one and know what you are ordering down the road. I may not get it on time, but i think i will.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i took pics of myself holding it at proof that it arrived, but about 5 minutes after arrival somone walked by and said "vortex's site says these are comming soon". i explained how i got one early and he said "ill take it right now" the first person to look at it had to have it.

i saw it, kimball saw it, and mabye que saw it. built like a tank has a whole new meaning

initial impressions were
    the words built like a tank have a whole new meaning.
    50 moa is alot of travel for 1 revolution.
    super eyebox
    i really didnt get enough time with it to get much further

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i got a phone call today from the customer who bought this scope saturday morning. he had nothing but great things to say about the scope and ordered 1 more to replace the swarovski z6 he currently has. he ran the ballistics and his bottom line was susposto be 590. he was making 1st round hits at 600 consistantly out of his 6920.

eta on these is 8 weeks. if you want in on the original order shoot me a pm or email me (alan@aaoptics.com)

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    here is the first review ive found. to quote lowlight of of snipershide

"Early on I looked at the S&B 1-8x and the Leupold 1-8x and both those scopes retail well over $2500. I found that each one had a different strong point. The S&B I felt was good under 3x and the Leupold better over 4x. The Vortex has them both beat. It does the entire range well. And it retails for $1400. I really don't want to hype this scope, but I feel it is the best scope to date from Vortex. In fact, I don't know any scope that came out this year that compares in the overall quality or that has lived up to the build up like this one. Maybe that is hype, but also I have never been known to jump on the Vortex bandwagon, yet here I am giving them the highest praise I can muster. They did a fantastic job on this scope."

the only thing he is wrong on it the scope retails at 1899 and map is 1399.

Vortex 1-6x Is here, Review to Follow - Sniper's Hide Forums

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I would love to try one of these out on my M1A. Im kind hooked on my strikefire but curious about this scope as well

in my opinion the 308 battle rifle (ar-10, m1, etc) is where this scope will shine. im going to put one on a 556 ar, but thats onl because i dont have a 308 battle rifle. if your at the show stop by and check it out, you will be blown away.

Top Bottom