• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I can't find on the Vortex website how to search by feature?
    Anyone know what First Focal Plane offerings Vortex has?

My ideal:
    FFP
    1-6ish variable mag.
    Reticle design for quick acquisition with BDC markings also.
    Basically I'm looking for Vortex's similar product for Primary Arms slx6 1-6x24 ffp illuminated acss-raptor 5.56 Its reticle:
    PA1-6X24FFP-ACSS-RAPTOR-7.62_11.jpg

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    The lowest power ffp we make is 2-10. Like AV said FFP in a 1-6 would be kind of pointless because if your shooting long enough range to need to holdover, you would be on your max zoom where the advantages of ffp are negated.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    The lowest power ffp we make is 2-10. Like AV said FFP in a 1-6 would be kind of pointless because if your shooting long enough range to need to holdover, you would be on your max zoom where the advantages of ffp are negated.

That makes good sense. My original logic, which I'm now rethinking, was based on the other end of the magnification range. For close up work the lowest setting allowed your brain to see a single red dot and less clutter.
    I've only ever used irons, simple low magnification crosshair, and red dot though, so my "logic" is based on zero experience and internet info in regards to scopes of this nature. Thanks for the input, I'll keep researching.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If you would like to come out sometime I have both bushnell 1-6.5 ffp's, and plenty of 1-6 sfp's in stock.

That's my plan but I have to wait until after my taxes get processed. I need to know how bad the damage is going to be on that front before fitting anything gun related in the budget.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    If you would like to come out sometime I have both bushnell 1-6.5 ffp's, and plenty of 1-6 sfp's in stock.

That's my plan but I have to wait until after my taxes get processed. I need to know how bad the damage is going to be on that front before fitting anything gun related in the budget.

Do this, trust me. You'll be well taken care of. I'm pretty happy with my Bushnell from AA!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Sorry for the delay, I'm still doing shows, but almost done.

I think the bushnell I have I sell for 650, but i won't know until I'm home.

Roughnek, if you remember what you paid, would you mind posting? The price hasn't changed, since you bought, but I dont have my paperwork out here.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sorry for the delay, I'm still doing shows, but almost done.

I think the bushnell I have I sell for 650, but i won't know until I'm home.

Roughnek, if you remember what you paid, would you mind posting? The price hasn't changed, since you bought, but I dont have my paperwork out here.

For some reason I can't look up the statement of the card I used. I do remember that I paid just a bit over $700 for the Bushnell 1-6.5 FFP, Vortex mount ($89), and tax/CC fee. For what I paid vs. what I got, I have zero complaints.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    For some reason I can't look up the statement of the card I used. I do remember that I paid just a bit over $700 for the Bushnell 1-6.5 FFP, Vortex mount ($89), and tax/CC fee. For what I paid vs. what I got, I have zero complaints.

Thanks. It was probably

Scope 600
    Mount 89
    Tax 48.23

Total=737.23

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Seems like if you wanted a cantaloupe sized hit at 400-600 yds and had to distinctly ID your cantaloupe among other less hostile fruit (like watermelons), you'd want about 5-6x magnification and an FFP. Higher magnification & you won't see what might be crossing past your target. A watermelon might roll right in front of your cantaloupe before the bullet gets there. An SFP won't have a calibrated BDC at less than max magnification. Maybe you should just dial turrets for shots like this?

Is there something better than a 1-6 FFP to engage hostile moving fruit?

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Seems like if you wanted a cantaloupe sized hit at 400-600 yds and had to distinctly ID your cantaloupe among other less hostile fruit (like watermelons), you'd want about 5-6x magnification and an FFP. Higher magnification & you won't see what might be crossing past your target. A watermelon might roll right in front of your cantaloupe before the bullet gets there. An SFP won't have a calibrated BDC at less than max magnification. Maybe you should just dial turrets for shots like this?

Is there something better than a 1-6 FFP to engage hostile moving fruit?
    Fruity question...

Top Bottom