• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inabcentia

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Bloomington
    Can someone help me out with a vendor ID? It was a guy along the outside wall of the room you exit from. (The far southern wall). He was selling water filter systems, the largest of which was in a five gallon bucket. He also had Geiger counters and herbal tinctures. I forgot to get a business card. Anyone going Sunday who can get me his company name and/or contact info? Thanks.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My problem with Geiger counters, is how do you calibrate them?
    In the Navy, that was easy. I had a radioactive source.

Out in the world????

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    There are calibration services that will recalibrate your counter. They aren't tat pricy either...

I used this place a while ago... Calibration Service for Civil Defense Radiation Detection Survey Meters, Geiger Counters & Dosimeters

Prices change though so I don't know how they are now, sold the meter though for lots more than it cost me to calibrate it, found it when I had to clean out an old CD bunker and was told to throw everything away. I kept a lot of stuff from that. I still love the hard candy they had drums of too. Nice flavors (cherry & lemon( to them by golly. I wound up with three meters and some dosimeters pens and readers. Still have some of them around here someplace too.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I don't know his name, but he is definitely kooky. Got in a discussion with him a few shows back. He thinks the moon landings are a hoax, faked up by the government.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Not a big surprise, I know a a lot number of folks who think the Moon Landings were a hoax. Conspiracy people are a lot of fun o talk to IMO.

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    My problem with Geiger counters, is how do you calibrate them?
    In the Navy, that was easy. I had a radioactive source.

Out in the world????

You can calibrate them off of a fire alarm or if someone you know has had a barium enema.

stejennings7065

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thought this would be a good thread to ask this in. Im looking for a vender that took an order, and i paid in cash. found out later there was no # or company name on the reciept. it was the booth that made the kydex holsters while you wait. it was a gift for a friend so I knew what kind of gun it was and they said they could mold it with the template they had back at the shop. It hasn't showed up yet and have no way of contacting them for a follow up. If anyone knows at least the company name that would be great. the booth was along the back wall of the far left section. Thought i would ask here first before calling the fairgrounds or who ever puts on the show.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thought this would be a good thread to ask this in. Im looking for a vender that took an order, and i paid in cash. found out later there was no # or company name on the reciept. it was the booth that made the kydex holsters while you wait. it was a gift for a friend so I knew what kind of gun it was and they said they could mold it with the template they had back at the shop. It hasn't showed up yet and have no way of contacting them for a follow up. If anyone knows at least the company name that would be great. the booth was along the back wall of the far left section. Thought i would ask here first before calling the fairgrounds or who ever puts on the show.

Raven Concealment Holsters? I think Sharktac makes kydex holsters at the 1500, too, but you should have gone to Raven.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Raven Concealment Holsters? I think Sharktac makes kydex holsters at the 1500, too, but you should have gone to Raven.

Probably wasn't Raven. Think they were all at SHOT this time 'round.

Plus I don't think they've made while-you-wait holsters at the 1500 for a few years. Sadly...

Look into SharkTac, OP. Decent chance it was them.

SharkTac USA Conceal Carry Systems - USA CCS

And good luck... You'll probably need it.

-J-

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Probably wasn't Raven. Think they were all at SHOT this time 'round.

Plus I don't think they've made while-you-wait holsters at the 1500 for a few years. Sadly...

I haven't been to the 1500 in awhile. They've always *technically* made while-you-wait holsters, but they bring their (huge) backlog to the show with them so if you aren't one of the first ten orders, you're not getting your holster that weekend.

Top Bottom