• ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    do you plan on shooting in this year?

Worked my way from noob up to Class C last season in Production.

I had considered jumping to Single Stack or Limited, but think I will focus on improving in Production, working towards Class B.

Part of my tax/bonus will go towards another Glock 34, Storm Lake barrel, Sevigny sights and better belt/holster/mag carriers. I may also invest in a airsoft gun to practice with and will definitely start reloading again.

I learned a lot from the INGO crew last season.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I was looking into starting down this road. What did you have when you started last year? Did you get any gear specifically for this and later wished you went with something else?

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I'm staying in SS, I want to reach a hi-c this year( which will be tough with indys great shooters) and also plan on a lot more 3-gun.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Plan on doing some Bowling pins at the end of the month and go from there. Do not care how I do but do not want to shoot just 5 pins with 200 rounds. Jim

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I'm sticking with Limited this year.

Production is/was fun, but I was not good at breaking down stages when using 10-rounds mags, and I ended up going to slide lock or doing standing reloads way too often. I think I will enjoy production much more once my planning and shooting skills improve, but for now I'm taking the easy way out.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I was looking into starting down this road. What did you have when you started last year? Did you get any gear specifically for this and later wished you went with something else?

I'll put together a detail list of the equipment I used last year and what I plan on doing this year later tonight when I get home.

Have a gun in mind that your are going to use?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm sticking with Limited this year.

Production is/was fun, but I was not good at breaking down stages when using 10-rounds mags, and I ended up going to slide lock or doing standing reloads way too often. I think I will enjoy production much more once my planning and shooting skills improve, but for now I'm taking the easy way out.

I'm actually thinking about that too, but I like the game of breaking down the stages.

Shooting the G35 then? If so, I may ask for help around load data since I know you reload your own.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Shooting the G35 then? If so, I may ask for help around load data since I know you reload your own.

My son has latched onto the G-35 and isn't likely to let it go this season. He'll usually be running it with a G-34 upper and a KKM barrel.

I'll be using my G-24 (which also has a fitted KKM barrel).

You're welcome to my load data, but it's chrono'ed through the aftermarket barrels.

If I were you, I'd consider getting a G-35 and running that in production. It's really soft shooting when loaded to minor, and you have the option to shoot it in limited major if you later choose to do so.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My son has latched onto the G-35 and isn't likely to let it go this season. He'll usually be running it with a G-34 upper and a KKM barrel.

I'll be using my G-24 (which also has a fitted KKM barrel).

You're welcome to my load data, but it's chrono'ed through the aftermarket barrels.

If I were you, I'd consider getting a G-35 and running that in production. It's really soft shooting when loaded to minor, and you have the option to shoot it in limited major if you later choose to do so.

yeah, that was exactly what I was thinking. That way I could have mags for both limited and production, shoot whichever I feel like and just set up to reload .40

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    I'll be returning for my first whole season. I got in on one event in December 09 and can't hardly wait for the 2010 season to begin. I'll be shooting the Glock in production. Just need to look into a stronger belt, another dual mag holder, and a 5th or 6th mag.

Can't wait!...

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    I would like to start in uspsa, but I do not know where to begin? can anyone give some insight?

I'm not yet but i'll be in the same boat down the road. I'm absolutely in love with FNS, and i'm going to try Atlanta CC, but all i have right now is my 10/22. I've started looking into different handguns and applied for a license, but i'm going to try to come watch some matches this year.

Do you basically HAVE to reload to make this a viable sport? What's the normal round count per match? 250 ish x 2?

Looking at the ACC USPSA results from 09, Hickman, are you the Hickman that shot in November?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom