• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    With the current situation has anyone had luck finding pre assembled uppers anywhere? I’m a Indianapolis local and I’ve only seen maybe two at my local shop.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Someone just posted that SIG still has those 516 uppers, but they have jumped way up in price. Some people have reported jumping on some PSA ones when they become available.

Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Someone just posted that SIG still has those 516 uppers, but they have jumped way up in price. Some people have reported jumping on some PSA ones when they become available.
    I’ve seen the PSA stuff I’ve been eyeing a few things just new here and wanting to shop around. I’ve seen kinda mixed things online about the PSA stuff I’m in the market for a pistol upper and a 16in upper for both my builds. I’ll definitely have to give the sig upper a peak haven’t seen it before.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I haven't had much luck in stores either. As far as online shopping, Aero Precision restocks their website every so often with complete lowers and uppers. Currently out of stock on uppers, but they restock several times a month and when they do, they seem to have enough stuff in stock so you actually have time to put in your payment info before it's out of stock again.

There is a Twitter bot that immediately posts a tweet each time Aero restocks anything under their "blemished" products. Mostly stripped uppers/lowers but some assembled ones too. Their blems seem have a pretty good reputation, reportedly just cosmetic blemishes that don't affect functionality. I can't personally vouch for them as I've never seen a blemished one. I'm happy with their standard non-blemished stuff, but I would do some research into the blems before buying.

If you have a twitter the handle is @AeroBlem then set notifications for new tweets and you should be able to snag one

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    PSA, Bear Creek Arsenal. Both have uppers in stock. BCA has not really raised their prices like most have.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    McDonald's Guns up near Gas City had several in stock. Might want to call ahead because stuff is flying off the shelves.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I haven't had much luck in stores either. As far as online shopping, Aero Precision restocks their website every so often with complete lowers and uppers. Currently out of stock on uppers, but they restock several times a month and when they do, they seem to have enough stuff in stock so you actually have time to put in your payment info before it's out of stock again.

There is a Twitter bot that immediately posts a tweet each time Aero restocks anything under their "blemished" products. Mostly stripped uppers/lowers but some assembled ones too. Their blems seem have a pretty good reputation, reportedly just cosmetic blemishes that don't affect functionality. I can't personally vouch for them as I've never seen a blemished one. I'm happy with their standard non-blemished stuff, but I would do some research into the blems before buying.

If you have a twitter the handle is @AeroBlem then set notifications for new tweets and you should be able to snag one
    I have an Aero blem lower. I can't find a blemish on it.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    I agree with the areo blems, gotten several and only find a very small blem on one or two. Been happy so far with their products.

Trying to find anything in stock is tough right now. I am on several email lists along with groups on Reddit which helps notify when things are back in stock. Even when it is finally in stock you have to grab it quick or its gone.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    McDonald's Guns up near Gas City had several in stock. Might want to call ahead because stuff is flying off the shelves.
    I bought a gun from a member in Gas City a few months ago. He was nice enough to give me a guided tour of some of the local gun shops, including McDonald's. Nice little shop. The type of place where you never know what you're going to find.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I agree with the areo blems, gotten several and only find a very small blem on one or two. Been happy so far with their products.

Trying to find anything in stock is tough right now. I am on several email lists along with groups on Reddit which helps notify when things are back in stock. Even when it is finally in stock you have to grab it quick or its gone.
    You're right, you hesitate and come back later...it's gone! Haven't seen any Aero blems on their site recently either.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    Shops on the West side of the state have been pretty bare from what I've seen, mostly just complete rifles offered for obscene prices. You're better off trying online options if you really need one.

Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Little update for everyone I found one for $499 at a local shop to me slapped her on my ATI Omni hybrid lower. So now the rifle is complete I’m just not super happy with the fit and finish of the Lower to the upper one being made of polymer and the other is aluminum.

Attachments

• 79885EF8-995C-48FD-82B4-499787C0BBAC.jpeg
      79885EF8-995C-48FD-82B4-499787C0BBAC.jpeg
      429.2 KB · Views: 5

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Little update for everyone I found one for $499 at a local shop to me slapped her on my ATI Omni hybrid lower. So now the rifle is complete I’m just not super happy with the fit and finish of the Lower to the upper one being made of polymer and the other is aluminum.

I've heard enough guys repeating "there are still lowers out there at good prices if you look" that I'm now doing exactly that. It looks like Aero hasn't raised their prices much and is getting things in and out of stock regularly. It wouldn't take much to dump your polymer lower and sell it off if you want.

Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I've heard enough guys repeating "there are still lowers out there at good prices if you look" that I'm now doing exactly that. It looks like Aero hasn't raised their prices much and is getting things in and out of stock regularly. It wouldn't take much to dump your polymer lower and sell it off if you want.
    That’s kinda what I’m thinking I found a Anderson lower with parts kit for less than I paid for the polymer lower two months ago and I’m really kicking my self. I’ve got one stripped aluminum lower in the mail somewhere waiting on it to get here from psa

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    That’s kinda what I’m thinking I found a Anderson lower with parts kit for less than I paid for the polymer lower two months ago and I’m really kicking my self. I’ve got one stripped aluminum lower in the mail somewhere waiting on it to get here from psa

I've heard enough bad about Anderson that I think your polymer is probably no worse. I'm not much of an AR aficionado at all, but that part is pretty universal among those that are.

Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I've heard enough bad about Anderson that I think your polymer is probably no worse. I'm not much of an AR aficionado at all, but that part is pretty universal among those that are.
    Really? I thought Anderson made pretty good parts I’m not saying anything is wrong with the polymer lower I have I’m just not super happy with the finish I don’t think it’ll blow up in my hand or anything but then again it’s plastic and what I trained with for years was traditional aluminum lowers.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Really? I thought Anderson made pretty good parts I’m not saying anything is wrong with the polymer lower I have I’m just not super happy with the finish I don’t think it’ll blow up in my hand or anything but then again it’s plastic and what I trained with for years was traditional aluminum lowers.

You're highly advised do your own research here as I am genuinely not competent on the topic besides the things I've read on the internet. So, highly grain-of-salt worthy.

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    +1 For PSA. I've got around 1k rounds through mine with no issues. If you're worried about durability then they're usually inexpensive enough that you can buy two. Recently they were selling uppers that came with Sig Romeos or Vortex Sparqs included

Top Bottom