• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just discovered that my uncle is in possession of a Sheridan "Silver Streak" and has owned it for decades.
    He bought it new, to dispatch ground squirrels and the like.
    He told me the other day that he doesn't think he has put more than 3 pumps per shot on that airgun since he brought it home.

I did some research and found that the Silver Streak will take up to 8 pumps, and some folks have gone slightly more.

This is in the .20cal flavor.
    I told him I think, with 8 pumps and a good pellet, it should hit about like a .22cal.

Someday I will inherit this too.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I just discovered that my uncle is in possession of a Sheridan "Silver Streak" and has owned it for decades.
    He bought it new, to dispatch ground squirrels and the like.
    He told me the other day that he doesn't think he has put more than 3 pumps per shot on that airgun since he brought it home.

I did some research and found that the Silver Streak will take up to 8 pumps, and some folks have gone slightly more.

This is in the .20cal flavor.
    I told him I think, with 8 pumps and a good pellet, it should hit about like a .22cal.

Someday I will inherit this too.
    @flyingsquirrel gifted my son a "Blue Streak". I didn't know about the 8 pump we have been doing 10. It does a fine job on chipmunk, red squirrel, and fox squirrel.

Something is wrong with my .22 Crosman so that is what we have been using. I really like it, it is my son's arm workout when we use it. Those last pumps are pretty strong.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    @flyingsquirrel gifted my son a "Blue Streak". I didn't know about the 8 pump we have been doing 10. It does a fine job on chipmunk, red squirrel, and fox squirrel.

Something is wrong with my .22 Crosman so that is what we have been using. I really like it, it is my son's arm workout when we use it. Those last pumps are pretty strong.
    My heavy-hitter airgun is a Mendoza .22cal springer. (Mexico)
    I bought it at an auction for something like $45.

Top Bottom