• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I didn't think you could express yourself. Today's a double header.
    It is just so perfect for the things you are putting down that are on the level of a Joe Biden speech. So every time you make a personal attack, I'm gonna respond with this perfect meme.

1696356699963.jpeg

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    It's 2023. What major corporations are still offering pensions?
    When AT&T spun off Lucent Technologies in the mid-90s, we went from a company employing 250,000+ to one that had 30,000. But we inherited all of the 100,000 retired Western Electric employees and their benefits. The decision was made that pensions would now only be offered on a sliding scale based on years of employment, with the cutoff service number for the minimum pension to be 15 years. This decision was made as I began my 14th year of employment. It did/does suck, but I understand. But you should have heard the retired, mostly union employees scream when it was also announced that full, free medical insurance would no longer be provided for life to spouses of retired employees.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

Why would they continue to pay for coverage when they have no obligation to do so? Why not make the union cover it? After all, every union member is a lazy, worthless piece of ****. I learned it right here.

Somebody should inform the CEO's that we are all lazy, worthless pieces of **** and they should stop wasting money on us.
    I love how we just go ****ing deepend here sometimes. No one is saying all union members are lazy worthless pieces of ****. There ARE worthless pieces of **** that are union, and non union. What most of us ARE saying is that a 40% increase in salary plus a 20% reduction in work hours is just not cool. Also not cool is shutting down repair shops and body shops from being able to repair existing vehicles because you want these unrealistic things.

But don't let me ruin your pity party.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I love how we just go ****ing deepend here sometimes. No one is saying all union members are lazy worthless pieces of ****. There ARE worthless pieces of **** that are union, and non union. What most of us ARE saying is that a 40% increase in salary plus a 20% reduction in work hours is just not cool. Also not cool is shutting down repair shops and body shops from being able to repair existing vehicles because you want these unrealistic things.

But don't let me ruin your pity party.
    I agree they're demands are horse ****.
    Just get tired of all the ******** about union guys being lazy or supporting the Dems.
    I the trades if you're a lazy piece of **** we get rid of you . And it might surprise most people, but 98% of the union guys I know are conservatives.
    And let's not forget our dues support the Dems, you have to sign up for political donations

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I agree they're demands are horse ****.
    Just get tired of all the ******** about union guys being lazy or supporting the Dems.
    I the trades if you're a lazy piece of **** we get rid of you . And it might surprise most people, but 98% of the union guys I know are conservatives.
    And let's not forget our dues support the Dems, you have to sign up for political donations
    Look, I've seen my fair share of worthless UAW workers over the years. Just like I've seen it elsewhere. The issue to me is the worthless uaw worker gets much more protection from firing than the average duck and makes more money not doing anything (hence the worthless moniker those people earn). We have some UAW people here telling us that there are no worthless people just like you have some that think most are. The answer is in the middle somewhere if you're willing to look.

If you (not you personally, royal you) really think these strikes are not hurting the image of the UAW and it's workers you're sorely mistaken. People that were on the fence are now in the "oh hell naw" category. The supporters will always be there and the detractors as well.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I also agree that the uaw offer is horse ****, but isn't that part of negotiations? When I bought my house, it was a repo listed at $160,000. Can you believe I had the nerve to offer $40,000? I mean, how ridiculous of me to offer a low ball offer and not just shut up and pay their full asking! We ended up agreeing to $70,000 despite my ridiculous offer.

Not one single union member expects a 40% raise and every union member is still convinced the 32 hour week has to be a joke, but don't all negotiations start far apart and end up in the middle?

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I also agree that the uaw offer is horse ****, but isn't that part of negotiations? When I bought my house, it was a repo listed at $160,000. Can you believe I had the nerve to offer $40,000? I mean, how ridiculous of me to offer a low ball offer and not just shut up and pay their full asking! We ended up agreeing to $70,000 despite my ridiculous offer.

Not one single union member expects a 40% raise and every union member is still convinced the 32 hour week has to be a joke, but don't all negotiations start far apart and end up in the middle?
    that's great... but what about the offers they've gotten and rejected with the reply "they won't return until all demands are met?" That doesn't seem like negotiating. That seems like holding hostage.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    The strike has struck again. Ordered parts from local Chevy Dealer last week. Parts suppose the be here yesterday. Called today to inquire and yup, the strike is to blame. "Don't know when we'll see them because when the strike eventually ends, their going to be backed up with orders" I was told.

Guess my customer that needs his vehicle to get to and from work is just gonna have to join the strike too and not work

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Apparently Ford offered 20%. I haven't heard of the UAW coming back with a counter offer. Sounds like it's "my way or the highway". Negotiating is fine if both parties participate in good faith. If not... well you have things like strikes.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Apparently Ford offered 20%. I haven't heard of the UAW coming back with a counter offer. Sounds like it's "my way or the highway". Negotiating is fine if both parties participate in good faith. If not... well you have things like strikes.
    Well, here's more to the story...

Screensho.jpg

The highlighted part was a little dig at this...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, here's more to the story...

View attachment 303208

The highlighted part was a little dig at this...

I didn't see the counter offer details other than to say that it was a "comprehensive proposal" (intentionally vague?), but I did notice the reference to EV production cutting their workforce. Which political party is pushing for EVs again? Why would they support a political party that is hell bent on cutting their jobs?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom