Two Ferguson Police officers shot last night....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I hope they both recover quickly.

"Mostly peaceful protests" So, just random thug action or maybe someone was trying to start a firefight and get more folks shot. I think this is exactly the sort of thing the administration was trying for.

It must be very hard to justify going to work everyday as a LEO in Ferguson, MO. The stress of being in combat without the clarity of an identifiable enemy.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Fergies gonna ferg..... Perhaps every public safety employee there should resign so the fine citizens of Ferguson can recruit, hire and train the kind of law enforcement they deserve.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    67% of Ferguson's population have declared it an open city and are the enemy.

The ROE won't let them actually say or do anything about that though. If that was implied out loud, even off the record, the DOJ would be bussing in the lawyers to lock up anyone daring to enforce the law on the little dears.

They may shoot you in the face but don't you dare profile.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This bloodshed is in large part on Barack Obama and Eric Holder.
    They gathered and sparked the tinder in the town, and now they've fanned the flames of discontent into a full blown wild-fire.

Yep, Obama and Holder own this mess.
    The big problem is,
    they're PROUD of it!

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    If I was one of the Thirty Three Percenters stuck in Ferguson I'd apply for government assistance to get the hell out of there on the grounds the government has created a disaster area.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    67% of Ferguson's population have declared it an open city and are the enemy.

Who are these 67% that you have declared the "enemy"?

Ferguson is a town of around 21,000. Are you saying 14,000 people shot at the police...or even showed up at the protest?

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Well, whoever pulled the trigger probably wasn't your average protester.

This is probably where the shooting took place from: https://www.google.com/maps/@38.7411...nreHnD9lXg!2e0

That's the only hill with a clear view of the police department. I'm not good at judging distances, but lets say it was 60-70 yards. Obviously not done with a gangbanger's HiPoint Gat. Would have been done with a rifle. While we can all hit targets at the range all day at that distance, I'd imagine it'd be harder to hit a moving target (assuming the officers were moving/not standing still/whatever. Not been reported). Three shots done quickly, two hits. Whoever did it obviously has shot rifles before. I'd imagine after the first shot the second officer would have reacted just as the crowd did by moving/whatever which makes it even more interesting that he was hit.

No shell casings found yet? Did someone pick them up?

I'm just saying this isn't your normal "thug-life violence". This whole time during the protests I was surprised there hadn't been something like this that had happened, but I expected it to be more of a point blank handgun type shooting then a 'long range' rifle shooting. Whoever did it has had either a lot of range time, formal training, has been deer hunting, etc. Hope they catch the bastard anyhow.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Keep those guys in your prayers and your "Blue" porch lights on, we have to stay together on this as I am afraid, it won't be the first (or last) ambush of the season.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    "yet" and also, there's these things called "revolvers"....

Would have been a pretty impressive shot if done with a revolver...

They said they were shot from a 'hill across from the police station'. The Google maps I liked to is the streetview from a 'hill across from the police station'. There is another one near by too but the shot would be even further. Not saying it couldn't be done with a revolver... but I somehow find it unlikely.

I'm sure we'll learn more today though.

Top Bottom