• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Meena

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Central IN
    Are the tuckable holsters convenient ? I am looking at a DeSanti Soft tuc for my LCP 380 and wondered if my shirt will stay tucked?

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I have several for different firearms and they work well for me. They are a must have for me because in good weather I will be on my bike wearing a T-shirt and without the "tuckable" the wind would keep my shirt up and handgun exposed. Jim.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I recommend you look into a crossbreed holster. They are tuckable as well. They are also very comfortable.

mannus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    My suggestion would be an Alien Gear Tuck 2.0 or their newer 3.0. I use a 2.0 now and that is one extremely comfortable piece of equipment when carrying my Sig 320 compact. Just ordered the 3.0 for my XD Mod 2.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Most of my IWB's are tuckable. I've never experienced the shirt coming un-tucked.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've had excellent results (as in people who knew I was carrying couldn't see the outline of the gun) with a Comp-Tac CTAC and Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 holsters. I have a Henry holster that is tuckable, but I have not yet used it "tucked."

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    +1 for the Crossbreed super tuck. I have several of them and they are, in my opinion, the most comfortable holster on the market. I tried the comp-tac and the alien and they did not feel or fit me near as well as the crossbreed.

dmbowditch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    I have had several LEO's recommend "Remora" holsters for the tuckable versions. Anyone else have any luck or comments/reviews regarding the remoras? All opinions i have heard to date have been GLOWING, and wouldnt have any other holster type of comments

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    I have used the Galco Kingtuk with success.

In my experience, if the shirt is long enough and is bloused, you shouldn't have any trouble. There is no tugging or stress put onto the part of the shirt that is tucked in so it is VERY unlikely that it will become "untucked". The blousing allows you to move pretty freely without any issues.

I do HIGHLY recommend you practice with an unloaded gun (check, and double-check) that you can get your gun out in a hurry. It can be a lot of shirt to pull and may require a firm grip of the shirt material and a lot of pulling up to expose the gun. Also, if an undershirt is worn, this dramatically complicates things because of the likelihood of both shirts being grabbed and the gun being sandwiched between them. Not a good thing at all.

Like all things, a little bit of forethought and a lot of practice will expose any issues and give you the highest chance of success. Good luck.

Take care and BE SAFE!

Top Bottom