• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Wheelchair bound grandma made to stand spread eagle...
    Toy poodle given body search...
    nice.

Las Vegas Optic Online

Gotta Love the TSA, Government Incompetence & Federal Bureaucracy at it's Finest :xmad:

My mother in her later years (80's+) loved to fly and we took her every chance that we got. She to was confined to a walker and at the last a wheelchair. The TSA would put her thru the wringer every time that we traveled. They are so careful to be PC (no watch list for actual terrorists) and not to offend any group that actually may be involved in terrorism and single out people who will not complain or hasn't the ACLU defending their rights. P*sses me Off to no end :rolleyes:

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Does anyone else think that, maybe besides the fuel and everything else plauging the flying industry, maybe significantly less people are flying commercial because they are tired of all bull$hi+ from the TSA?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I personally WISH people would get so fed up with TSA theatrics that they would stop flying (I have) but I think that the majority of Americans have become so brainwashed after 9/11 that they're perfectly willing to give up their rights to "feel" safe. It is sad that so many stupid people are willing to surrender the basic rights that our forefathers fought and bled and died for. I have to wonder if Americans were this docile in 1776 we might still be a British colony. I've read that several States out west have announced their intention of kicking the TSA out of the airports and going back to private security. It will be interesting to see the Fed's reaction to that.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a foolproof plan to make certain no airplane is ever hijacked again.
    Just issue every person over 18 a single-shot handgun with a rubber bullet. A few wacko's with rubber bullets can't do much, but if someone announced a hijacking and 120 passengers shot at him...
    If only 1/3 of them connect, he's going down.
    Then, just wrap him up in a blanket and sit on him until you land. (Or until you're on final approach, with your speed down enough, and at about 500 feet, just roll him out the door.) (OK, not really, but sometimes I think that might be better than what we do now.)

Doug

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    While they may have some good people here and there, the TSA has been a case example of how increased funds and size does not better a situation. And it is only growing.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have a foolproof plan to make certain no airplane is ever hijacked again.
    Just issue every person over 18 a single-shot handgun with a rubber bullet. A few wacko's with rubber bullets can't do much, but if someone announced a hijacking and 120 passengers shot at him...
    If only 1/3 of them connect, he's going down.
    Then, just wrap him up in a blanket and sit on him until you land. (Or until you're on final approach, with your speed down enough, and at about 500 feet, just roll him out the door.) (OK, not really, but sometimes I think that might be better than what we do now.)

Doug

Pure genius! :laugh:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In Michael Z. Williamson's book "Freehold" they have an interesting idea for "airport/spaceport security."

Counter person: "Are you carrying a weapon?"
    Passenger: "Yes."
    Counter person: "We ask that you clear your weapon before entering the aircraft and place it in the pouch provided under the seat. That way there's no chance of accidents and it's still available in an emergency."

Works for me.

BTW, my "drive instead" radius has at least doubled since 9/11 and the rise of the TSA and my wife and I are discovering just how many interesting tourist spots there are within a day trip or a weekend drive from Indianapolis.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I saw the TSA at Indy International wand a old guy in a wheel chair. They made him stand up, which he could hardly do. God bless him that he had a great attitude about it.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I was not incline to fly much before (despite loving planes and flying!), but these days I see no reason to pay a ton, get cavity searched, crammed into a small space, listen to people complain, and later try and find my belongings.

No thanks.

Top Bottom