• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Look2thewest

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Evansville
    Ok i havent gotten a clear answer in my searches online so i figured id just ask here. Can some one tell me if i got all the steps needed to use a trust for NFA purchase?

1.Use willmaker to make a living trust
    2. Print it all out
    3. Get it noterized and sign it
    4. Mail off the form 4s with a copy of the Certificate of trust and Declaration of Trust
    5. Wait
    6. Profit

Am i missing anything or is it just that simple? Do i have to file it anywhere or is it legally a trust after i sign it?

Thanks guys

This is not my first NFA. i bought a YHM cobra and had a hell of a run around with the sherriffs office last time about. Got it all figured out and am waiting on that form 4 to get back to me from the ATF. I just bought a M4-1000 and figured this time it would be easier at the sheriffs office. Nope i was wrong no one there had any idea what it was and i didnt get to see the sheriffs. So **** it, going the trust route!

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    You will also need a "Schedule A", as well. All that is is a list of what the trust owns. When I made mine, I put the NFA items I was buying on it (make, model, serial #). The ATF needs this, too, when you send in your paperwork.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I don't mind e-mailing these forms to people but,

1. please have more than ten posts(and not just in the classifieds) ever since I offered this people who aren't contributing to the site(intellectually not monetarily) are coming out of the wood work. while I'm glad your on the site don't just take this and leave, help grow the site, it's a great resource for gun owners in indiana and your contributions help.

2. PM me! I don't look through every thread looking for things like this. chances are if I didn't get a PM your not getting an e-mail.

I know it sounds like it but I'm not really angry, I just appreciate this site and want to do my part to help keep it great.

Top Bottom