• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    I have a G32C I traded for a long time ago. No idea at this point who the original transferee is. My question is can intake this pistol down to a local FFL pay the fee and have this pistol now officially transferred into my name so i can comfortably carry this?

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    Thanks, I think I've found original purchaser of the weapon so if nothing else I'll see if he will meet me to do a transfer

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Just piece of mind that there is paperwork proving it belongs to me is all.

A LGS I used to frequent would buy your gun from you and sell it back for $50 exactly for that reason. I never did such a thing, but a person could...

That said, all 3 of my frequent carry pieces were purchased in private sales. I'm not at all worried about it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

There really is no legal reason or requirement to do this. If it's strictly peace of mind you're after, you could ask the guy you traded with if he'd be willing to sign a basic "bill of sale" that he gave it to you.

He may or may not be willing to do that, but again, as long as you're not a prohibited person and you have your LTCH there is no issue with you carrying the gun.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

The transfer does not put the gun in your name. It is merely a background check on you. There is no need since you already own the gun, and the transfer doesn't prove ownership, etc.

Bill of sale won't do you a bit of good really either if you have concerns that the gun is stolen, etc. Anybody can draw up a bill of sale, doesn't prove anything.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And this is why people are ok with universal background checks and gun registration. It’s all about my feelings with no real purpose.

THIS. Innocent until proven guilty. (possession is 9/10 of the law)

With all due respect, OP, why? its a commodity item, not a real (estate) property item. Why do you think that you need proof that what you have in your hands does not belong to you rightfully? This is no different than a bicycle or a TV. You do not have to prove you own it. Somebody else must prove why they do. All you need is a bill of sale.

You've been a member here for 7 years and you havent figured this out? WTF?!?!?

EDIT: No wonder. You only visit INGO strictly to buy/sell. You are a flipper. I find no posts past your first 50 that are outside the classifieds. Though I am curious. Why the sudden interest in proof of ownership? Think you bought a "hot" gun?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    THIS. Innocent until proven guilty. (possession is 9/10 of the law)

With all due respect, OP, why? its a commodity item, not a real (estate) property item. Why do you think that you need proof that what you have in your hands does not belong to you rightfully? This is no different than a bicycle or a TV. You do not have to prove you own it. Somebody else must prove why they do. All you need is a bill of sale.

You've been a member here for 7 years and you havent figured this out? WTF?!?!?

EDIT: No wonder. You only visit INGO strictly to buy/sell. You are a flipper. I find no posts past your first 50 that are outside the classifieds. Though I am curious. Why the sudden interest in proof of ownership? Think you bought a "hot" gun?

If someone is flipping guns in an online classified market for profit without an FFL, I think they might wind up with bigger legal problems than proving that they own their carry gun.

Absolutely nothing wrong with buying and selling guns. But flipping for profit is something else.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds like someone would prefer to live in one of the non free states where they have strict gun registration.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I found a gun in a house I was trashing out. I took it to a local LEO and had him run the numbers.

It came back as not reported stolen. That's all I wanted to know. Didn't want to find out it was a murder gun or some such.

Probably have an equal number of firearms I bought thru private sales as I do thru FFLs. Only had one where the seller wanted a bill of sale and he ripped me by selling a non-functioning rifle.

Go figure

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Agreed, one would think if someone was buying/selling a good bit (as this person clearly is), they would know what a transfer does and doesn't do... none of which is checking anything regarding the gun itself.

Top Bottom