• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Inspired by the raw milk thread. What are the top 10 agencies you would destroy if you had the magic wand?

1. FDA
    2. DEA
    3. IRS
    4. DHS
    5. BLM
    6. BATFE
    7. EPA
    8. FCC
    9. FAA
    10. CIA

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Most anything that is only know by its acronym.

I scanned through the list BigMatt posted. Holy cow! We fund all that? No wonder we are broke. Administration on Aging? Agricultural Market Research? Gimme a red pen, and I'll cut a trillion dollars right now....

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Inspired by the raw milk thread. What are the top 10 agencies you would destroy if you had the magic wand?

1. FDA
    2. DEA
    3. IRS
    4. DHS
    5. BLM
    6. BATFE
    7. EPA
    8. FCC
    9. FAA
    10. CIA

1. TSA
    2. ATF
    3. IRS
    4. HHS
    5. DoEd
    6. DEA
    7. Rest of DHS
    8. HUD
    9. FBI
    10. FTC

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    IRS

Everything else will fall into place after that.

2. FCC
    3. DEA
    4. DoEd
    5. - 10. Is a you call it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    1. IRS
    2. DHS including TSA, FEMA
    3. BATFE
    4. DEA
    5. DOE (Education)
    6. FDA
    7. HHS
    8. EPA
    9. CDC
    10. DOE (Energy)

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    1. IRS
    2. DHS including TSA, FEMA
    3. BATFE
    4. DEA
    5. DOE (Education)
    6. FDA
    7. HHS
    8. EPA
    9. CDC
    10. DOE (Energy)

Finally someone named that 30 (some) year old agency formed by the whiz kid, Jimmy Carter, to free the US from our dependence on foreign oil.

Hasn't it done a GREAT Job?

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    1. DOE (education)
    2. BATFE

The rest I would have to think about, but serious reform is needed in many.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Serious reform is needed in all in my opinion, but right now might be a bad time considering who would be doing the reforming. They screwed it up once. I dont think a redo is a good idea until they can atleast do one thing sucessfully.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    A U Dismantle

Serious reform is needed in all in my opinion, but right now might be a bad time considering who would be doing the reforming. They screwed it up once. I dont think a redo is a good idea until they can atleast do one thing sucessfully.
    Do you reckon we can do a panel or a commission on this? Maybe appoint a " Wastefull Spending CZAR " ! :twocents::D

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    DoEducation
    DEA
    TSA
    SSA
    DoEnergy
    FDA - I would cut to the Drug administration. Responsibilities include taxing sale of "narcotics" and regulating prescription drugs.
    USDA
    EPA
    pick one at random from BigMatt's link
    see above

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i am curious, do you guys think that any of these agencies in theory serve a purpose? For example with the FDA- should the production and sale of drugs just be left to the manufacturer? with no assurance of any kind as to purity, safety or efficacy other than the manufacturer's guarantee?

and therefore, should be do away with the licensing of doctors, nurses, pharmacists, etc? Just buy Glucophage off the shelf? And if you die from lactic acidosis, we say "well, it was his job to know his serum creatinine was too high to use Glucophage?"

just thinking what it would be like if there were no laws regarding the practice of medicine.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    i am curious, do you guys think that any of these agencies in theory serve a purpose? For example with the FDA- should the production and sale of drugs just be left to the manufacturer? with no assurance of any kind as to purity, safety or efficacy other than the manufacturer's guarantee?

The free market does a very good job of assuring quality. This is why you can purchase software with virtually zero regulation and have a reasonable expectation that it will not destroy your computer.
    and therefore, should be do away with the licensing of doctors, nurses, pharmacists, etc? Just buy Glucophage off the shelf? And if you die from lactic acidosis, we say "well, it was his job to know his serum creatinine was too high to use Glucophage?"

How does this differ from today? People get sick and die all the time from bad presciptions or drug interactions that could be prevented if they were more on top of their own medical information. The patient is ultimately responsible for knowing his own best interests.
    just thinking what it would be like if there were no laws regarding the practice of medicine.

For starters, we wouldn't have a crisis in health care costs, and folks would be able to pursue treatments without needing to wait for permission.

Top Bottom