• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    We was at my dad's on the farm (mom passed in March this year) on Sunday and I started her in handgun shooting, she's 29. Went over and over the four laws and I took two pistols out of the range bag. We shot off a homemade bridge on the property into the bank. I have a Glock 23 Gen 2 and it is a bit short in the grip for my big hands. I bought some Pearce extensions that added zero ammo to the magazine, but came with an extra piece to fill in the half moon on the grip, and now they fit great.

I ran a mag to see how I liked it and it shot great. My daughter shot it and did really well for shooting a pistol for the first time and a 40 S&W round to boot. She then tried a Taurus 605 snub nose with 38 special in it and after the first shot said "Oh, I don't like that" and told her not to let someone talk her into buying a snubie.

Next we will try some in 9mm. :)

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    It is always good to see the younger generation at the shooting range!

We had an 8 year old girl shoot in the Steel Challenge at Red Brush Rifle Range this past Sunday. She actually shoots quite good for her age. She was shooting rimfire but was decked out with a holster and mag pouches and was wearing a competition shirt like a pro would wear. Late into the match she asked the match director if she could RO someone so he let her hold the timer for him (we provided backup and watched her closely) and she did quite well at issuing the commands and calling out times. Certainly a confident little lady and it put a huge smile on my face!

Top Bottom