Tonight 8/1/12 Evansville. Open Gun Debate.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    That will be the topic of discussion of a monthly debate between Southern Indiana Democracy For America and the Tea Party in Vanderburgh County.

The discussion will start at 7 tonight at Evansville's Central Library.

Linky

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Hopefully, the Tea Party can put them in their place and prove the progressive agenda FAILS when it comes to gun control.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    That will be the topic of discussion of a monthly debate between Southern Indiana Democracy For America and the Tea Party in Vanderburgh County.

The discussion will start at 7 tonight at Evansville's Central Library.

Linky
    I didn't know about it. I checked the central library web site and the meeting was listed as starting at 6:00 not 7.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    You feelin better buddy?

Yes. Much better.

Anyway, no serious drama, one guy was a little argumentative.

The funny part was when the "pro 2A" guy started bashing on "that rude cowboy at the Zoo" about an hour and half in. I asked him if I acted like a cowboy, he said no. I asked him if I had been rude or inconsiderate and again he said no.

Then I said, I WAS the guy at the Zoo. His jaw dropped and he apologized.

Minx, were you there?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yes. Much better.

The funny part was when the "pro 2A" guy started bashing on "that rude cowboy at the Zoo" about an hour and half in. I asked him if I acted like a cowboy, he said no. I asked him if I had been rude or inconsiderate and again he said no.

Minx, were you there?

Damn, if I thought you were even considering going I would have said pick me up. I would have loved to have had video of that.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Yes. Much better.

Minx, were you there?

I haven't met you yet(we need to change that) and i have to explain that whole thing to people(i don't mind)

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Yes. Much better.

Minx, were you there?
    Nice job, Ben. Were you OCing?

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Minx, were you there?

Yep, sat next to you. Came in late cause I had a job to do. I can only CC at work, and that rule must be respected.

This is my first confrontation with vocal distaste towards 2A. I dont understand why some people believe that this world is 100% safe. Someday, somewhere, we will come to confirmation. I like options.

BTW the zoo was looking for someone to euthanize the hippo. Did they ask for assistance?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Yep, sat next to you. Came in late cause I had a job to do. I can only CC at work, and that rule must be respected.

This is my first confrontation with vocal distaste towards 2A. I dont understand why some people believe that this world is 100% safe. Someday, somewhere, we will come to confirmation. I like options.

BTW the zoo was looking for someone to euthanize the hippo. Did they ask for assistance?

Oh. Hell. No. You did NOT just go there...

Yeah that guy was a little out there. I counted four times he repeated his entire thought process. You know someone is full of **** when they have to convince not only you, but themselves.

The leader, Blair was a cool guy, mostly playing devil's advocate.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    The part that freaked me out was the old guy in front of you waving that damn razor around talking about how much damage he could do with it.

Than there was the big guy in front of me: "I don't want to get this on Biblical discussion but..." And then proceed to talk about Jesus and scripture for a minute and a half. :rolleyes:

He wasn't really wrong but that just gets under my skin! :D

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The part that freaked me out was the old guy in front of you waving that damn razor around talking about how much damage he could do with it.

Than there was the big guy in front of me: "I don't want to get this on Biblical discussion but..." And then proceed to talk about Jesus and scripture for a minute and a half. :rolleyes:

He wasn't really wrong but that just gets under my skin! :D

Any time I hear "I'm all for (insert what they're about to argue against here), but..." it drives me up the wall.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Not sure what point he was making with the blade. Seemed like residents from across the street were just looking for a chair to sit in.

I was expecting a more "professional" crowd. It was to be a democratic party and a tea party debate. I was waiting for someone to stand up and say aliens abducted and conducted experiments. Next time, dat alien visits, I have a .38 with hollow points ready to shoot his crazy eyes. :nuts:
    aff264b8708294a0890f7c2e8695bfe1.png

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am sorry to have missed it, would have loved to see TiFrost pull the "you happen to be talking to that cowboy" reveal.

I found out a little late about the meeting to change some plans, gearing up for the FNRA banquet tonight. OP, thaks again for posting the info.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    :lmfao:

The one crazy guy in the corner that was saying the statistics were crap because they told him things that weren't written down was funny when he was yelling at me, "I own a gun! I have a right to be here at this meeting and not have anybody wearing a GUN! It makes me uncomfortable."

I replied "you have a right to carry one, not carry one, be here or not be here but NOT the right to say I can't have one here."

He got up and left a short time after that but several left throughout the meeting. It wasn't that long so I wonder why they left, I guess it wasn't going their way.

Top Bottom