• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    so recently bought a new glock and got the lazerlite lazer rear sight combo with it, only used it long enough to get it lined up with the sights. Looks kinda goofy to me, and I think it could cause the shooter to forget the fundamentals of shooting and rely on the lazer to do all the work instead. It could however be used as a show of force but in the long run Im not sure if its worth it. Any thoughts??

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Any thoughts??

I pretty much agree with your initial assessment.

Looks kinda goofy to me,
    I think it could cause the shooter to forget the fundamentals of shooting and rely on the lazer to do all the work instead.

I also don't like it being located in the rear sight. This means you can't have your preferred rear sight in place, and you run the risk of breaking the laser if you ever hooked it onto your belt or shoe during a one-handed reload.

It could however be used as a show of force but in the long run Im not sure if its worth it.

I don't personally buy the "show of force deterrent effect" of a laser. Who takes the time to look at the dot on their chest when the person in front of them has a gun pointed at them? Maybe if you were in a smoke-filled room. :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    so recently bought a new glock and got the lazerlite lazer rear sight combo with it, only used it long enough to get it lined up with the sights. Looks kinda goofy to me,
    They are easy to break...
    If you truly want to try Laser Sights then pony the Money up for a set of Crimson Trace Grips, these are the only ones I have not been able to harm...
    and I think it could cause the shooter to forget the fundamentals of shooting and rely on the lazer to do all the work instead.
    Not really, but that is a common Internet reason to not use them...
    A laser device is a great training tool o use with dry fire training drills.
    Lasers in my humble opinion from using them are great tools in dark buildings at 30 feet or less.
    It could however be used as a show of force but in the long run Im not sure if its worth it.
    Ahhh....
    Much like the sound of a Pump Shotgun being racked to cause the bowels of the offender to empty spontaneously?!

Any thoughts??
    I have lots of thoughts...
    Most do not want to know what my thoughts are though... :dunno:

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Jeremy, what about the lasermax guide rods on Glocks.

I just picked up a 23, and im thinking about getting Ashley a 27 and installing the lasermax in it, she has to have a laser on anything that she shoots...

Im not familiar with the laserlyte rear sight, except for the pictures I just looked up, and it looks like it would be easy to snag that on something.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Jeremy, what about the lasermax guide rods on Glocks.

I just picked up a 23, and im thinking about getting Ashley a 27 and installing the lasermax in it, she has to have a laser on anything that she shoots...

Im not familiar with the laserlyte rear sight, except for the pictures I just looked up, and it looks like it would be easy to snag that on something.
    The Guide Rod Lasers have a very short lifespan in my experience. I avoid them like the Plague. Everyone I have tried started operating funky within 10 Mags (approx).

I have yet to find anything better than the Crimson Trace Stuff. Pricey, I know but it works every time. The set up I have for a Beretta has seen 4 years of life in a Combat Zone being mostly beaten around and still works flawlessly... ;)

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    The Guide Rod Lasers have a very short lifespan in my experience. I avoid them like the Plague. Everyone I have tried started operating funky within 10 Mags (approx).

I have yet to find anything better than the Crimson Trace Stuff. Pricey, I know but it works every time. The set up I have for a Beretta has seen 4 years of life in a Combat Zone being mostly beaten around and still works flawlessly... ;)

the lasermax rods are pricey too...something crazy like 350.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County

^^^^This is good advice^^^^

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I purchased 2 rear sight laserlite and 1 side mount laserlite.
    All failed after the first firing.
    I had them all replaced 3 times.
    Finally I received my money back.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I purchased 2 rear sight laserlite and 1 side mount laserlite.
    All failed after the first firing.
    I had them all replaced 3 times.
    Finally I received my money back.

In another thread you mention these lasers working for 150 or so rounds before having problems. In another you say it was ten rounds. Now it's the first firing?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I had a Laserlite mounted on 2 of my p-95s and on a LCP.
    All failed with very little rounds.
    All 3 were replaced 2xs for laser failer.
    3x mounting screws stripped out.
    Demanded and received refund.

Top Bottom