• ...and so much more!
  • sigmachijc

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Zionsville
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering what everyone thought of the sig p250. I've heard a lot of negative things about this gun. However, it is extremely accurate and light! Should I scrap it or save it?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    What are the negatives that you've heard about the 250?

Just curious... as I have the sub-compact and the full-sized.

-J-

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I got one in trade a couple weeks ago and don't have a bad thing to say about it. As far as scrap it or keep it I think you should sell it to me CHEAP!

baune

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    North side of Indy
    I've had my P250 compact in 9mm for about a year and half now and really like it so far. It has never jammed on me, failed to fire, or eject. I've put about 1,000 rounds through it so far.
    I have heard about some initial problems with slide catch new .40 compact versions. I guess after the last round the slide would occasionally not stay locked back. Also when the slide was back, and you put a new mag in, the force of the mag being inserted was enough to release the slide lock and it would chamber a round unintentionally. I have never had this happen to me with my 9mm version and I have tried make it happen and could never replicate this issue, no matter how hard I slammed the magazine in. The people who have had this happen sent it to Sig and had it back within a week or two and the problem was solved. Sig knows about this and has fixed this issue and as I understand, it only involved early production .40 compact models. Also, Sig has been very slow in releasing the conversion kits. You can get the 9mm conversions if you got a .40 or .45, but I have a 9mm and for the life of me, can't find any .40 conversion kits.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    .... wondering the same thing. I have a Sub-Compact and love it. It fits my hand better than any Glock.

I can't get a very high grip on the sub-compact...makes it feel top-heavy to me.

But I still rather like the thing. Accurate enough, that's for sure.

And not that 50 rounds is any indicator, but around 50rds each through each of my frames and not a single malfunction of any type.

It's also amazing to me at how clean the fire control unit and the frame were after shooting. Some pistols I've had/have...if you just think about firing them they get filthy.

-J-

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom