This infraction thing is kind of ridiculous.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    We don't know the difference between "accidentally" and "intentionally", so we infract based on if the rule is violated or not.

Your reported post was easy to find because it was the only post you've ever reported. :D It looks like it was reported at a time when no Mod was online, as there is no "view" registered. Obviously with 9 of us we try to be present 24/7 but some days it's just not possible. You did everything correct by reporting the post, we just didn't see the violation in time.
    My issue/concern/not understanding was that mine was just short of the cut off and was immediately flagged (could be construed as accidental), whereas, the one I reported was obviously only a couple hours after the original post and didn't receive an infraction.

I understand that you people have better things to do than sit on here and police every single post, but one would think that a reported post would have a better chance of being caught for a violation than one where a Mod would need to just happen across and catch the violation.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    but one would think that a reported post would have a better chance of being caught for a violation than one where a Mod would need to just happen across and catch the violation.

In general, yes it would.

I don't know if this was the case in your situation, but there are also times that we do sweeps of the classifieds wherein we view every single thread for compliance, and issue infractions from there. Other times we deal with them based on reported posts. And other times we just happen to catch them by viewing them ourselves.

There is a ton of work in that forum so I'm not surprised a few violations get through. It'd be great if we could be 100%, but that's difficult given our Staffing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...You did everything correct by reporting the post, we just didn't see the violation in time.

No, they generate a new thread in a separate subforum.

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS. Do you mean to tell me that all the red phones don't ring? The bat signal doesn't go off?

... As someone who used to be on that staff and took far more than my fair share of crap...

I think it's way cool how you are kinda like the Lone Ranger now!

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    In general, yes it would.

I don't know if this was the case in your situation, but there are also times that we do sweeps of the classifieds wherein we view every single thread for compliance, and issue infractions from there. Other times we deal with them based on reported posts. And other times we just happen to catch them by viewing them ourselves.

There is a ton of work in that forum so I'm not surprised a few violations get through. It'd be great if we could be 100%, but that's difficult given our Staffing.
    Or, she is looking to buy an M1A.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    It's not my first. It's my 2nd in a week. Guy responded to my ad asking a question.....I answered it.....and the same guy threw me an infraction for bumping my post too soon. Hmmmmm. My fault. I misinterpreted the rules. I wasn't trying to bump it but just answering his question where everyone could see the answer and not just the question. If I had pm's him the answer, it would look to everyone else like I'm avoiding the question. I know now. Still thought it was pretty stupid though.
    Now you know that the classified section is a trap;) that's where most :ingo: members get their infractions:D

DBCooper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Kokomo
    I'm new here, and I'm sure I'll screw up without meaning to. I'm not sure exactly how the postings work, and I've sent several messages to moderators on how to posts photos and havent gotten a responce. I'm barely computer litererate, so I need all the help I can get. Someone tell me how to post pics like I'm seeing on here? Thanks in advance.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    It's not the end of the world. If you're not selling it there's no need to post on it or the need to post in the classified section.

I'm serving a slap on the hand right now, and wearing it with pride like a prison tattoo :rolleyes: I knew it was coming though. Just learn from it and move on.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom