• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    Normally I wouldn’t ask, but due to my lack of social media, I am in a bit of trouble, after exhausting all my friends, family, and random people I have in my phone I am now asking my fellow ingoers for help.

I entered the best build competition hosted by aero precision and ready gunner. Currently sitting in 8th place.

I entered my 100% custom 1911 I built for my wife at the conclusion of gunsmith school. There has not been a part that hasn’t been touched by me.

here’s the link for my submission,

and if you exit from mine the rest of the competition will pop up

thanks for all your help!

Attachments

• 74553AFB-12F3-45DB-8247-E370E74AF73C.jpeg
      74553AFB-12F3-45DB-8247-E370E74AF73C.jpeg
      2.1 MB · Views: 30

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    I wasn’t sure about the daily voting, I guess that’s why I’m about 60 behind 1st. I appreciate the help everyone I have 40 hours of labor into that piece

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    Thanks again everyone I really appreciate the help. Apparently if I make it through the top ten I proceed to the next round. I really appreciate the votes!

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    It was my final project to graduate from the Colorado school of trades, I have something like $2100-2500 into it, for all the parts, and I have 40 hours into it, to include fitting everything, making the grips, cerekote, welding an extension on the hammer, fitting the grip safety, sanding, fitting the barrel lug, etc.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I voted. Any guy that has a wife that wants a 1911 for a gift already won the prize of a lifetime of contentment. Nice work.......nice pistol as well
    I thought it was a good idea as well. If you are gonna give, at least give them something you like, just in case.

Think I will get my wife a new truck.....red....big tires....for our 35th Anniversary! lol

Anyhow......vote like fools! We are catching that #1 guy.

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    I really appreciate you guys, thanks for the comments of the pistol, I had talked about building it and one day we went to a gun store by the school and saw they had volkmann custom, slides and frames, she looked at them and then at me and said “I guess we know what your final project will be” so I didn’t spare any expense on it.

Top Bottom