• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I bought an alien gear holster for the new 320 FS to see how carryable it is. I got an extra compact shell though in case.

their new shape shifter holster looks like has my name written all over it!....but alas they don't make it for any sigs yet!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I looked at those and was going to get one, but as you say, no joy when I hit the gun model drop down.

I asked when they would make one for the sig320 and I was told to sign up for notifications, that they would email me when they added new models

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Gander Mountain, if you have one near you go check them out... Evansville has a few Sig's left. 30% off. A 1911 tacops might have followed me home for $300 less than buds cash price offering!

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I have the Legion SAO and love it, but the hammer started following the slide during the first stage of the ACC Steel Challenge Match on Saturday, so back to SIG she goes for repairs. Ugh. Only had her since Memorial Day...

The gun came back on Monday (two weeks exactly door-to-door), but I was out of town, and no one was here to sign for it, so had them hold it at FedEx and I picked it up today.

The official diagnosis is "damaged sear spring". Notice that they don't say "broken" or "defective", but *damaged* as if I did something bad to the gun to damage it. LOL! No big deal, and I am glad that she is back in my hands again. Got the kids coming over for dinner tonight, so I won't be able to shoot her until tomorrow.

Here's hoping that everything is OK now. The last thing I need to do is to worry every time I shoot her that I am going to "damage" the sear spring again.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Finally got to shoot the 938 today. Shot better than i expected for such a small pistol. No issues. Shot well. It seemed to be pretty accurate.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Finally got to shoot the 938 today. Shot better than i expected for such a small pistol. No issues. Shot well. It seemed to be pretty accurate.

They are pretty good shooters for the size. Surprisingly good I think. Are you shooting with the extended mag or flat bottom mag?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They are pretty good shooters for the size. Surprisingly good I think. Are you shooting with the extended mag or flat bottom mag?
    I had one of the short ones and a couple of the extended. I still get off the bottom a bit on the extended.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield

I love my P938. When I first got it however, I struggled a bit with the accuracy. It took me a couple of weeks to get used to the way it shoots. I love it now, and find that I can shoot pretty darned well with it.

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    My 938 shoots more accurate then any Shield,XDS,LC9 etc that I have ever owned! And actually carries easily in the front pocket!psyko

What type of grips are you using on the 938? I've been wanting to pick up one of the OD anodized 938s and just ran into a used one. Just wonder how those rubber grips would pocket carry. Figured it should be a little easier to conceal than the 4" xds I usually carry.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My 938 is the SAS model and still sports the rosewood grips. I have no problem shooting it with those grips and they pocket carry very well.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My 938 is the SAS model and still sports the rosewood grips. I have no problem shooting it with those grips and they pocket carry very well.
    Mine has those big rubber grips. It makes it less convenient for pocket carrying but probably helps with shootability.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    What type of grips are you using on the 938? I've been wanting to pick up one of the OD anodized 938s and just ran into a used one. Just wonder how those rubber grips would pocket carry. Figured it should be a little easier to conceal than the 4" xds I usually carry.

I have the Hogue rubber grips on mine (with finger grooves). Not as nice looking as the Rosewood ones I had on there for a while, but they are much more functional for a small gun.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I also have the Hogue rubber grips and love the way they feel in the hand and to me makes it easier to shoot and grip. Carry in the front pocket daily with dress pants.

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thank you guys for the info. Just took a look today at the sig website. Had no idea there were so many models. Looks like there might be as many p938 models as there are 226s. Haha. Decisions decisions.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well I have to decide if I want to send the 320s all in right away, wait to see how the triggers are after the upgrade or what....

Top Bottom