• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Finally found one for a reasonable price and jumped on it. Just picked it up :D

My%20Legion_zps2ydj5fsv.jpg

Sorry for the quick, ugly pic...

:drool::drool::drool:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The P220 Legions are supposed to come in 3 models, the SAO, regular DA/SA and the Carry DA/SA. I have to admit I like the idea of the Carry size... but the SAO would match up better with the P226 SAO... oh, what to do?

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Scrolling through this thread was "almost" as sweet as picking up one of my dad's Playboy magazines when I was 12.

Thanks for posting up so many great pictures!

Yojimbo229

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2016
    NY
    This is my favorite Sig. It's a full size Railed Nickel (odd name for a product) and it's a really good shooter. Hey Rusty, one of these lets you bring a 1911 to a Sig shoot and still shoot a Sig.

Best looking 1911 I've seen. And those grips are aggressive as all get out. Love the feel of that one.
    If I ever get a non-.22 1911, that's the one. I don't have the $$ for mere collecting just yet but that'll be the first one.
    The people I've sold them to love them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Darn it. Went to the range with a buddy yesterday to break in my P226 Legion SAO. Buddy had an H&K in .357 sig and now I'm looking at a P229 Legion in that caliber :(

Anyone know if the flat trigger of the P226 SAO can be installed in a P229?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Darn it. Went to the range with a buddy yesterday to break in my P226 Legion SAO. Buddy had an H&K in .357 sig and now I'm looking at a P229 Legion in that caliber :(

Not sure on that question, but would point out you can get a .40 P229 and get a drip in barrel for the .357 Sig. I have that set up. Same mags work as well.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not sure on that question, but would point out you can get a .40 P229 and get a drip in barrel for the .357 Sig. I have that set up. Same mags work as well.

Does it work both ways? Get a .357 Sig and a drop in .40 barrel or the other way as you mentioned? I need to know so I don't make a mistake... :):

Yojimbo229

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2016
    NY

Same here. Love the 357SIG round. What a bloody rocket. Rather than get beat up by my G33, I got a barrel for favorite; my loved, worn and scarred .40Scorpion 229.
    I wish the caliber caught on a bit better/more so the price of ammo would go down.

Great suggestion, Expat.

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport

Internet consensus on that seems to be no since the difference between their DA/SA pistols and the SAO is some arcane dark magic that's long been lost to mere mortals.

I actually went looking myself since I thought Apex made a flat-faced trigger but it turns out that's just for the P320. There's little love for the P229, it seems.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Internet consensus on that seems to be no since the difference between their DA/SA pistols and the SAO is some arcane dark magic that's long been lost to mere mortals.

I actually went looking myself since I thought Apex made a flat-faced trigger but it turns out that's just for the P320. There's little love for the P229, it seems.

Thanks for the information. I'm sorry to hear that though. I'd love to have one of the flat triggers in the P229. Fortunately, I infected a friend with the Signess at the range on Sunday and he'll likely purchase the P229 in .357 Sig before I do, so I'll get a chance to try it out, to help make up my mind... :):

Top Bottom