• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Reliable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    You know, I can live with the lock on the current/ modern revolvers from Smith, but on the classic series, it drives me nuts. Don't get me wrong, I could do without it on all of their guns, but I'm willing to compromise. As far as I know Ruger does not have an integral lock on wheel guns, so why the hell does S&W have to do it? There are several classics that I would own, if I could get past the lock. For now, I am just buying the older Smiths, but they are getting pricey. I do love that 586, though. I could see loading up some target .38 s and doing some bullseye with that.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    You know, I can live with the lock on the current/ modern revolvers from Smith, but on the classic series, it drives me nuts. Don't get me wrong, I could do without it on all of their guns, but I'm willing to compromise. As far as I know Ruger does not have an integral lock on wheel guns, so why the hell does S&W have to do it? There are several classics that I would own, if I could get past the lock. For now, I am just buying the older Smiths, but they are getting pricey. I do love that 586, though. I could see loading up some target .38 s and doing some bullseye with that.

I don't know about all Rugers, but my LCR has a built in lock. That is the only "New" Ruger that I have, so I can't speak for the rest of them.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Makes me sad. Sold my 586 in the late 90's for around $300. It was perfect and was a pre-Hillary version. That regret is the reason I will no longer sell a gun. If I don't like it, I'll stick it in the safe. (I may like it again down the road.) I got caught up in the .44 Magnum craze and sold it to fund my .44. Should have just saved a little longer and had both.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Makes me sad. Sold my 586 in the late 90's for around $300. It was perfect and was a pre-Hillary version. That regret is the reason I will no longer sell a gun. If I don't like it, I'll stick it in the safe. (I may like it again down the road.) I got caught up in the .44 Magnum craze and sold it to fund my .44. Should have just saved a little longer and had both.

Thats the ticket

MSRP $809. I am not feeling any love. But at $300, tasty, very tasty.

my local FFL told me dealer cost of $592. Id like to get one to compare to my Python. I know it wont be any where near as nice but still. You dont see many new blued guns with wood grips. just wish it didnt have a Hillary Hole. I havnt had one, does it ruin the trigger?

Top Bottom