• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would think a Generac whole house system should be able to handle your AC with no problem.
    It should (or so we were told) but it could be that the NG meter we have right now isn't sufficient enough to supply the extra NG output to the generator to run the central AC. I mean it was running but not very smoothly. Kinda struggling a bit to handle the AC. It's been running super smooth since we shut the AC off. It's only 74* here so it's not too bad. Still gonna contact the HVAC people tomorrow and ask them about it.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hour number two. Still no power. Generac running fine so far minus the AC. Still don't know the reason for the outage. Could be a transformer or some nimrod hitting a power pole. If that's the case, it could be a while.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hour number two. Still no power. Generac running fine so far minus the AC. Still don't know the reason for the outage. Could be a transformer or some nimrod hitting a power pole. If that's the case, it could be a while.
    Does your provider have a website? Ours does and they usually have outage info on there.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Does your provider have a website? Ours does and they usually have outage info on there.
    They do. It's Nipsco up here. Doesn't usually give a reason. The good news is that the power just came back on and the Generac did its job for the most part. Just gotta get with the HVAC people tomorrow and try to figure out why it was struggling to run the AC. I suspect we may need to upgrade the NG meter to allow for a higher output which the power company has to come out and replace that for an additional cost.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They do. It's Nipsco up here. Doesn't usually give a reason. The good news is that the power just came back on and the Generac did its job for the most part. Just gotta get with the HVAC people tomorrow and try to figure out why it was struggling to run the AC.
    Good deal! Come to think of it, I don't know if ours provides a reason or not. I think they just provide an outage map, so at least you know if it's an area-wide thing, or just your house.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom