Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Evenin' Greg and Expat! Had a pretty full day for not working. Had my consultation about my umbilical hernia and tentatively have surgery scheduled for March 11th but I need to check my work calendar to see if that'll work for me. Did the grocery shopping after that.

Got home and DoggyMama was trimming out the bathroom (it needed a second coat of paint from when I did it a couple months ago). Had lunch, took a nap, then rolled out the walls and ceiling and got all that cleaned up and everything put away. Just need to re-hang the mirror in the morning to make sure it's completely dry.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    i wonder if your hernia surgery is the same as my inguinal one.
    I don't know what that is. My belly button basically went from an "innie" to an "outie". They'll make an incision just above it, tuck everything back in, then put a piece of mesh in there and sew it back up. It's outpatient but he said I'd probably want to take a couple of days to a week off work. I can't imagine needing a week since I just sit on my butt all day for work. :):

No heavy lifting for 6 weeks, so I figured I'd better get it done sooner than later so that I'm ready for spring yard work.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Mine was a spot down just above and to the right of little expat. They made three incision and then pumped air in to get access. Then the mesh and sutures. Sounds like the same restrictions. I was okay to work in a couple days but did have pain for awhile.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mine was a spot down just above and to the right of little expat. They made three incision and then pumped air in to get access. Then the mesh and sutures. Sounds like the same restrictions. I was okay to work in a couple days but did have pain for awhile.
    Wish I could slip the doc a fiddy to suck out some belly fat while he's in there. :):

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I did, but the previous home owner made a "built in" enclosure around the water heater and boiler furnace. The water heater is not a standard size, so either order one to fit or tear out the built ins. I opted to boil water for a few more days.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I did, but the previous home owner made a "built in" enclosure around the water heater and boiler furnace. The water heater is not a standard size, so either order one to fit or tear out the built ins. I opted to boil water for a few more days.
    I hope it doesn't take too long to get here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom