• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cncfrench

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    I think that CC is preferred by the uneducated because if they don't see it they can pretend its not there. I personally carry both ways, depends on the time of year. I feel that most people don't care if we are OC as long as we are not waving the damn thing around trying to draw attention to ourselves. I know that the biggest majority of us would not do that but there are exceptions to every rule.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Seriously? :ugh:

I hope your OC bretheren are by soon to kick some sense into you.

Yeah, you took him wrong in your partial quote. Here's the whole sentence:

I think that CC is preferred by the uneducated because if they don't see it they can pretend its not there.

He's talking about the uneducated masses preferring that we all carry our guns hidden so they can pretend none of us are carrying.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Yeah, you took him wrong in your partial quote. Here's the whole sentence:

He's talking about the uneducated masses preferring that we all carry our guns hidden so they can pretend none of us are carrying.

Oooohh, I see. Makes sense. I apologize to the cncfrench and unpalm my forehead..

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I've been slipping back into CC somewhat but today it was so warm that I OCed everywhere: Two Wesselmans super markets-Weinbach and Sonntag, CVS pharmacy on Sonntag, and the Circle K on Fulton at Columbia. I specifically watched people's eyes around me and most glanced down at my weapon (the gun, dad gummit) and kept on about their business. It feels so natural that I don't give it much of a thought. I am very conscious about retention and even though I carry in a Serpa I usually keep my left arm down so I can feel my gun with my forearm.

Even when I CC I still take my jacket off and sit in restaurants OCing. Somebody made a comment in a thread the other day about the public getting desensitized to seeing openly carried weapons and I agree whole heartedly that that is a big positive.

atazmann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    jeffersonville
    here is my take on the essay

what i take from the essay is that is the op's personal opinion and you should make up your own mind on how you want to carry i have carried both ways and have only had 1 negative incident and that was with a local leo that tried to tell me open carry was illegal (not a very informed officer) he was going to confiscate and cite me for it until i made a call to a sheriff friend of mine who was on duty at the time and stopped by for me and "enlightened" him. but that 1 incident in 12 years of carrying to me doesnt sway me to cc because i dont want it to happen again in my mind it is whatever my mood or weather conditions suits me to do:twocents:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    what i take from the essay is that is the op's personal opinion and you should make up your own mind on how you want to carry i have carried both ways and have only had 1 negative incident and that was with a local leo that tried to tell me open carry was illegal (not a very informed officer) he was going to confiscate and cite me for it until i made a call to a sheriff friend of mine who was on duty at the time and stopped by for me and "enlightened" him. but that 1 incident in 12 years of carrying to me doesnt sway me to cc because i dont want it to happen again in my mind it is whatever my mood or weather conditions suits me to do:twocents:

I also was informed by a LEO recently that it was illegal, he was off duty and working a second job at the moment, once i showed him the IC he changed his stance and said we need to go shooting sometime.(we have talked many times) This LEO stated he has been on the force for 38 years.

atazmann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    jeffersonville
    I also was informed by a LEO recently that it was illegal, he was off duty and working a second job at the moment, once i showed him the IC he changed his stance and said we need to go shooting sometime.(we have talked many times) This LEO stated he has been on the force for 38 years.
    that shows some leos are not well informed but with patience we can inform and make tomorrow a brighter future:):

Jake1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    that was an amazing article! I honestly dont have a rebutle to this as it is the way i feel about carrying to the T. I really like this forum so far!:rockwoot:

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I normally OC, for a variety of reasons....here's a few:
    1) I can draw faster (if need be) if I don't have to pull jackets and shirts out of my way
    2) Visual deterrent. Much like the cop car in the bank parking lot, the bad guy sees my gun, knows I'm not an easy target leaves me alone, additionally he probably won't try anything stupid in my general vicinity because he knows there's a gun present.
    3) It's generally more comfortable for me then trying to hide a big ol 45 on me (I'm a smaller built guy)
    4) It's my GD RIGHT to carry however I see fit
    5) It pisses off my liberal as F ex-mother-in-law ;)
    Those are just a few reasons. Oh, and you can bet I've probably got a CC piece that you can't see too ;)

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I normally OC, for a variety of reasons....here's a few:
    1) I can draw faster (if need be) if I don't have to pull jackets and shirts out of my way
    Since it is exposed, someone else will come and take it from you.
    2) Visual deterrent. Much like the cop car in the bank parking lot, the bad guy sees my gun, knows I'm not an easy target leaves me alone, additionally he probably won't try anything stupid in my general vicinity because he knows there's a gun present.
    It will make you the first target.
    3) It's generally more comfortable for me then trying to hide a big ol 45 on me (I'm a smaller built guy)
    You need to find a smaller gun.
    4) It's my GD RIGHT to carry however I see fit
    But...but...you should use Common Sense!
    5) It pisses off my liberal as F ex-mother-in-law ;)
    Sorry, I just can't argue with that.
    Those are just a few reasons. Oh, and you can bet I've probably got a CC piece that you can't see too ;)

Sorry, I just had to. People are just being too darn nice around here. :D

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    ^ The imitation drama just doesn't taste the same. :(
    You should probably just ban someone and say it is an imitation ban. :):

hide.gif

couch.gif

Top Bottom