The Official Status Update thread #231.....Man is it spring yet...???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Possibly crappie beds ? They typically spawn in 5-10* colder water then gills. The last couple good messes I caught had more red ears than earlier. Don’t know their spawning temps but I have seen males on/guarding their beds on Father’s Day…later than gills.
    Could have been, didn't see any fish on the beds. Didn't really look hard though as I was passing through, just noticed a row of them. I don't make it a habit of fishing the beds.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Howdy Greg and Jay. I've got just a little bit of mulch left on the trailer but I don't know what to do with it. Not enough to really do another bed or anything. I think I'll leave it there for now and think about it. I think I'm going to go ahead and mow the front yard. Work should be slow enough tomorrow that I can do the back then.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Hello Greg, Jay, DD!

Just finished eating cheeseburgers, accompanied by onion rings.
    Waiting for the rocky road ice cream to soften a little.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Mowed for the 2cd time. It was very tall looks bad but it's done. Helped dad this morning the cancer or the treatments is getting to him after a hour he had to go take a nap.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Could have been, didn't see any fish on the beds. Didn't really look hard though as I was passing through, just noticed a row of them. I don't make it a habit of fishing the beds.
    If they were 2022 beds probably crappie. Other than Northern ( in our lake ) not sure what other species would be finished.

I don’t fish beds either. After ice off fish only pre-spawn feeding areas. Then post spawn.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Back from Kroger. It was a madhouse. And I swear the entire cast of extras from Walking Dead was shopping there tonight. Everyone was doing the slooooooow zombie shuffle. Only one full serve line open so the self-serve lanes were backed up down the aisles and people were moving like they were on heavy doses of Thorazine. They'd ring one item, look around for 20-30 seconds, ring another item, wait 20 or 30 seconds... etc.. I wanted to scream, "Ring your stuff up for cryin' out loud!! What the hell are you doing you morons?!?" And of course everyone had to bring the whole fam damily to the grocery store with them, so there were 4 or 5 people standing at each checkout station. :nuts:

Prices have really gone crazy too. They had seedless watermelons for $7.99 each! And corn on the cob was 3 for $2. I didn't need any but happened to notice the prices as I was walking by. :faint:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom