Let's try this:
    URL]

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    She is. I had to raise the rear a little more to compensate for the rub. It would still rub when heeled over on the throttle and hitting a huge frost heave in the right rear. So I just raised them both half an inch. Has the big brakes (12"front rotors and 2 piston calipers), braided lines etc. The diff is still in the old trans but with old 255's (I'll be buying 245's) its not much of a problem getting its meager power down. 160/160 to the wheels ain't a lot

EDIT: Just need a track to actually OPEN

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    She is. I had to raise the rear a little more to compensate for the rub. It would still rub when heeled over on the throttle and hitting a huge frost heave in the right rear. So I just raised them both half an inch. Has the big brakes (12"front rotors and 2 piston calipers), braided lines etc. The diff is still in the old trans but with old 255's (I'll be buying 245's) its not much of a problem getting its meager power down. 160/160 to the wheels ain't a lot

EDIT: Just need a track to actually OPEN

Yup. This crap is now way out of hand.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    this thing has 100% ruined all "fun" roads. IT's so grippy I have to triple the posted limit to get close to the limits of grip. At least the stereo is good! That $10 bluetooth aux adapter was worth all the monies. The stock sub comes out with 2 10mm bolts on a drill and a single plug. All the rest of the interior behind the back seats is gone and at the dump.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    this thing has 100% ruined all "fun" roads. IT's so grippy I have to triple the posted limit to get close to the limits of grip. At least the stereo is good! That $10 bluetooth aux adapter was worth all the monies. The stock sub comes out with 2 10mm bolts on a drill and a single plug. All the rest of the interior behind the back seats is gone and at the dump.

Dump it all. Shed it. Loose it. "ZOOM"

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Speaking of posted limits and grip... A road not far from here would be a great place to test the Stang out after the upgrades are done.
    But, it's had a vibration in the shifter from roughly 3500-4000 rpm, in all gears including neutral, for a long time. It's worst at that range, but is pressent from 3000-4800ish. Bad enough that I hate aggressive driving on that road because I'm in that range a lot. The noise bothers me.

I have a second T5 in the garage. It was supposed to be for the Notch. I might rebuild it (needs synchros at least) as my first transmission rebuild and swap it in later to see if I can finally get rid of that vibration.

I know someone is going to ask, so here's what I've replaced/repaired trying to fix that vibration:
    engine/transmission mounts
    clutch and flywheel
    pilot bearing
    transmission was rebuilt by a reputable shop
    driveshaft ujoints replaced and then shaft balanced
    harmonic balancer
    new shifter

There might be more stuff, I kind of lost track and stopped caring after the last wreck. Be cool to finally rebuild my first transmission, though!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom