• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I conceal carry a S&W Shield 9mm. I currently have both IWB and OWB holsters to carry, depending on the circumstances. There are times and circumstances when I cannot carry where I'm going and HATE the idea of chosing an unholstered, loaded handgun in the glove compartment or just going about "naked". De-holstering is not an option.

Saw the MIC, watched some videos, etc. and it's looking like a nice addition to my current rigs.

So, what are your experiences, good and bad, with MIC or similar holsters/guards? Do you AIWB, IWB 3-6 o'clock or pocket carry (for pocket guns) with it?

Thanks in advance...

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If you HAVE to disarm, make sure you're wearing a holster that will allow it. Don't remove the firearm from your holster while in your car. And all firearms must be carried in a quality holster.

Not following that advice is where accidents happen.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    No... just no.

Suggestions? My other thought was a single clip Kydex.

If you HAVE to disarm, make sure you're wearing a holster that will allow it. Don't remove the firearm from your holster while in your car. And all firearms must be carried in a quality holster.

Not following that advice is where accidents happen.

Exactly. Both of my current holsters clip firmly to the belt or are looped to the belt. BTW, when I have these situations, I currently use my OWB holster and just put the whole Shield rig in the glove box... or, take my Glock 17 in it's holster in the glove box. Neither option allows me to conveniently arm up after visiting legally required no gun zones.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I made a MIC type, the thing I didn't like was the gun sits very low in the waistband making getting a firing grip difficult. The Raven Vanguard II is nice since it comes with a belt loop. It also is very easy to tuck with. The Vangaurd did get somewhat uncomfortable after long periods of time carrying with it since all the sharp edges of the gun are exposed. A big con with the vanguard is you have to remove the holster to re-holster.

I carried both of these AIWB.

Another option is one of the Galco holsters you can find at any gun shop. They are comfortable and easily come in and out when carrying AIWB.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I use a similar trigger guard holster for a backup gun I keep in a bag. The gun sits in a dedicated pocket. I run 550 cord through the hole to a carabiner outside the zipper. Deploys semi quickly. I like it a lot.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Tried one out this weekend while on a late night around the block walk. Mine was connected to me as designed and worked well with a Glock in the pocket, however, the pistol moved around so reaching for it was like getting your car keys out. A simple pocket holster works better and carries my Glock firmly as it should be, with the MIC trigger guard, attaching it to my belt and sticking it in the pants Mexican carry, the draw as mentioned was awkward.

Last edited:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    IMO that is not a holster. A holster not only protects the trigger, but also "secures" the firearm in a fixed position. That is a trigger guard.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I'm at least partially to blame for the trend in trigger guard only holsters in recent years. It seems like every company is making their copy now.

The Vanguard was never meant to replace an actual holster. It was made to make sub-optimal carry methods safer.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm at least partially to blame for the trend in trigger guard only holsters in recent years. It seems like every company is making their copy now.

The Vanguard was never meant to replace an actual holster. It was made to make sub-optimal carry methods safer.
    Whadda you know? Next thing you'll say is it was your design!

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I use the vanguard when Its too hot in the summer time wear a polo or something to conceal my 19, Lately I have been using my OWB From bravo concealment and just put my tee shirt over it, or polo whatever I'm wearing.

The vanguard secures a G19 very well, retention on the trigger guard is very positive and it wont accidentally come off while in your waistband. As long as you aren't trying to re holster your gun with the vanguard still in your waist band I doubt there will be any issues. Its not the most Ideal holster but for deeper concealment it does its job

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Poorly made video by some idiot. :):
    [video=youtube;zutyYLQFuQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zutyYLQFuQI[/video]
    I love mine. Shay summed up it's use though.

Ghostseeker61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2016
    Anderson
    Me, I keep mine on the coat rack by the door, they are made more for a quick trip to the video rental place or pharmacy, etc. when I need to carry and don't want to take the time to " dress for several hrs out " and put on a regular holster.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom