• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • punker39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    north west side indianapolis
    at atterbury range today shooting the old M1 as soon i pull it out and send a few rounds down range. you can allways here people talking trying to figure out what it is, then when i shoot the 8th round and then it goes (ping) yep its an M1. this allways make me laugh to my self, im surprised that not many people know much about M1 has any one ever had this happen to them,

gdh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Crown Point
    I have only taken my M1 Garand to the range two or three times and have only seen one other guy with one. Nobody at the range seemed to be interested in them. This was at Winamac.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    After the 5th round, you should toss an empty stripper clip on the ground so they think you're empty...

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    When I take one with me it seems to start friendly conversations at the range. My favorite is when old guys come over and tell me stories about M1 expierence. I usually offer up my Garand after that and enjoy watching them go through an enbloc.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    One of my favorite rifle to plink with - my 17yr old daughter's boyfriend will pick that gun up to go shoot everytime. Surprises me a little that he'd pick it over my AR or some of the other stuff - kind of impressed actually.

nmoon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    I enjoyed reading the M1 posts. My Garand is supposed to ship from CMP this month. They've already sent the tin can full of ammo, clips and bandaleros. I've never shot one and am really looking forward to it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's definitely on my short-list. I've always loved the M1. Unfortunately, I have far too many other things I need to cover first. That's definitely in the "nice to have", not "need to have" category.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I have only taken my M1 Garand to the range two or three times and have only seen one other guy with one. Nobody at the range seemed to be interested in them. This was at Winamac.

gdh, if I ever see you up there at Winamac with your M1 Garand, I just might politely introduce myself and ask if it would be OK for me to put a couple rounds downrange with that wonderful weapon. You of course could do the same with whatever I happen to have brought that day.

I'd love to own one, but the only two I've ever seen for sale were Century Arms destruco-rifles.

Top Bottom