• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    I thought I would share some of the frustration of getting new equipment... I purchased a new horizontal/vertical rotary table to make machining slides easier for RMR's and other red dots. I follow the manufacturer's directions and fill the unit will oil until I can see it in the oil level glass. What they do not tell you in the instructions is to fill it just to the point where you can start to see the oil in the glass.... I set the unit upright in the 90-degree, horizontal position and leave it sitting on my mill's table. The next day I come out to find what seemed like the Exxon Valdez amount of light spindle oil all over the mill's table and on the floor..... After calling the company, I learned that anything more than just barely seeing the oil in the glass is too much. You would think they would redesign the placement of the oil glass to keep that from happening.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Ahhhhh, been there, done that........just wait until you do that with a 50 gallon coolent system......omg I had a green river running thru the tool toom............

Aaron

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    that's why men and women can't follow each other's directions. When you can see oil in the sight glass, when oil reaches the bottom of the sight, cover the sight, etc are subtly but significantly different.

Deal with it at work too with customer directions. not saying to do something isn't the same as saying not to do something.

Caps and punctuation is the difference between helping your uncle, Jack, off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I was initially going to guess Chinese manufacturer but you said you called the manufacturer so that rules that out... haha...

My Bridgeport 15" ro-tab doesn't even have a sight-glass... I can't recall how you check it, I've never had to mess with it as it's never leaked.

Top Bottom