• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    The May/June issue of American Handgunner has an outstanding letter to the editor regarding "The Internet Loophole". The letter explains the unreal stupidity of the anti-gun perspective humorously.

If the link doesn't take you to the letter open the online or a print edition and go to page 14.

I think I'm going to type it up in the near future. A definite classic.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I saw we push for the Internet Loophole. That article clearly shows that ALL OF YOU are danergous since you are using the internet and have a) not be licensed or b) paid your fee to King I6BO for the use of the net. :D

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I saw we push for the Internet Loophole. That article clearly shows that ALL OF YOU are danergous since you are using the internet and have a) not be licensed or b) paid your fee to King I6BO for the use of the net. :D

I don't need no stinkin license and I thought you had paid the fee for us. :D

uncoolperson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    So the other week I decided I'd do a quick search for my little letter, see if anyone out there other than me a family friends liked it.

*doin the I'm famous dance* (even though I'm really not).

Figured I'd run around and share the bigger and unedited version with people, so here it is (pre super trim and some additions).

"The WiFi loophole: Why the gun control logic isn't logical"
    by Andy Weaver

Anonymity was never the intent of the 1st; the 1st was created to allow responsible, qualified, and identifiable speech. Because of the current popular incorrect belief, the internet culture has taken over."

" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

This text clearly shows that the freedom of speech is limited to speeches to be performed by qualified individuals or the press, which is also a well organized entity. These two protected forms of speech require the speaker or published to account for their actions.

No normal well intentioned person has any legitimate use for the current Internet. Television, radio, books, and face-to-face discussion are all that a normal person needs. The use of the Internet needs to be restricted.

The Internet has allowed criminals and terrorists to organize, devise the means, and acquire the methods of inflicting large-scale crimes from miles away. They have the ability to trigger an attack almost anywhere at any time and with limitless proportion using of the Internet, this makes interception and defending against these types of crimes difficult. We must remove this method of inflicting criminal and terrorist acts upon society.

This technology has been expressly promoted by fear mongering organizations such as the 'news media' that makes a business out of playing on and creating fears in the state of the world.

A media commonly found on the internet known as email has been shown to be counter productive to business/government and society by allowing information that is either offensive or secretive to be displayed. This type of information has far too often resulted in one's life ending in ruins or worse, suicide or a victim of violent crimes.

The Internet has also played a role in causing drastic and fast acting changes in the global and nation economy. By allowing information and misinformation to spread rapidly (often a matter of milliseconds) the rise and fall of important indicators in the economy happens too quickly and without the benefit of a trained and qualified eye to analyze the situation.

There are certain groups on the Internet that allow for a form of elite membership, where by you need a 'username' and 'password' to enter them. These "forums" often require policing, which is woefully inadequate and usually these "forums" result in nothing more than hate filled bickering or "flaming". This is often the result of simple disagreements, and has lead to acts of violence.

Many people go so far as to train for combat against one another through the use of the Internet, with their only reason for doing so being 'entertainment'. This use of the Internet is supported by the 'electronic entertainment industry lobby', which continues to block legislation controlling access to these types of media.

Too many unrestricted illegal users of the Internet have been seen for this to remain an unrestricted tool (i.e. pirating movies/music/software). This can be seen in the numerous studies and lawsuits that are published and discussed in various trade journals.

Too many young and under qualified people are gaining access to the internet, each year the average age of use gets younger and the skill necessary to use the internet responsible are being less emphasized.

The Internet and its misuse have also threatened our colleges, where anybody can access the Internet and cause far too much damage, this needs to stop. Keep the Internet out of schools; students don't need to have the Internet at school. This is a place of education, and should not welcome illegal and immoral activity. College students are known to be alcohol and drug users, overly controlled by hormones, and out on their own for the first time without parental supervision. We can't allow them to be free to misuse the Internet; they haven't yet learned to responsibly use this tool.

The news has shown repeatedly how one person with a casual connection to the Internet has brought a company's servers down; these connections for these crimes are often obtained through WiFi and are essentially untraceable. When a 12 year old can obtain easily the tools to bring down a large corporation, we as a society have failed.

The WiFi loophole allows anonymous users to access the Internet, and even without this loophole often all that is required is an address and $20. This must be fixed.

Furthermore, there is no reason a normal citizen should need to carry a connection to the Internet around with them everywhere; this serves no purpose but to allow the carrier a feeling of importance. This close access to the Internet provides someone with the ability to do the harm described above anywhere, and might lead to violent outburst because Internet users are known to have become disconnected from society and often display anti-social behavior. People exhibiting this need have been shown to take disagreements online too seriously, and should not be allowed to carry this catalyst of criminal and anti-social activity around with them.

One cannot go a day without hearing of some person becoming the victim of a crime committed by use of the Internet. With that in mind, it is not unreasonable to restrict Internet access in general and remove the ability for it to be used for wrong, and to further limit and license access to individuals who have passed a thorough background check.

Top Bottom