The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Special Offer if one of the regulars in here wants to buy my old Chrono. I will include a full-size tripod that works well with the chrono, FOR FREE. And yes, I can ship the tripod with the chrono.

*Lurkers who aren't active in here need not apply; the tripod belonged to a very special member.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/ce-prochrono-dlx-chronograph.548727/
    Good deal. If I didn't already have one I'd buy it.
    These work great. Full sun you'll need to use the shades that come with it. Also keep it clean and it works very reliably.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Btw @T-DOGG, love the patinaed look of the STI and happy belated anniversary.
    I guess I just don't see the attraction to the patina look of the gun? I've had several people tell me they like it, question is will somebody be more likely to buy it with the rust blued finish or cerakoted?

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I guess I just don't see the attraction to the patina look of the gun? I've had several people tell me they like it, question is will somebody be more likely to buy it with the rust blued finish or cerakoted?
    Wish I had the answer but adding cerakote will add to $$ spent by you before it reaches the block. I'd hate to part with either but if you're definitely going to sell the STI I'd try with it the way it sits before spending more $$. Just my two cents. Good luck with whatever you decide.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Wish I had the answer but adding cerakote will add to $$ spent by you before it reaches the block. I'd hate to part with either but if you're definitely going to sell the STI I'd try with it the way it sits before spending more $$. Just my two cents. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Yeah, if I cerakote it the price will go up. I guess I will list it "as is" at some point today and go from there.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Yeah, if I cerakote it the price will go up. I guess I will list it "as is" at some point today and go from there.
    Totally get it's your creation and putting it out there sub-par in your eyes could be a what could have been kind of sitch so I can see both sides. Do you brother its yours.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Cerakote looks better on modern guns than patina. Many years ago where I used to work we made an anti tarnish coating for brass and copper that was in reality an invisible clear coat. A great seller, it found it's way onto all sorts of products like brass beds and hardware, copper plated decorative items, and unfinished steel. Even under close examination it was difficult to see the clear as the film thickness was very low. Sadly the government put it out of legal reach for everybody and the raw materials were simply not made any more.

Top Bottom