The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Well, I was weak today. Sold a Sig yesterday. Gave $250 to Barb and paid Azerigan for that YHM 5.56 suppressor he was liquidating and the Ingo lower I ordered. Stamp paperwork next week when I get home.
    House gun needed suppressed.
    The Turbo K is a great suppressor, I really like mine.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Need advice and know there is a ton of knowledge here. Want a cheap single stack 9mm 1911 with fiber optic front sight. No other real must haves. As much as I like the double stack rock I think the grip is a little big for my baby hands.

Most likely use lcp max, p10c or the ria tac ultra fs hc to make it happen. Want to get the 1911 trial a little more time. Have enjoyed the last few weeks with the ria. Just trying to be pro active before I throw more money in the ria. Never going to shoot comps so capacity has no impact on me.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Need advice and know there is a ton of knowledge here. Want a cheap single stack 9mm 1911 with fiber optic front sight. No other real must haves. As much as I like the double stack rock I think the grip is a little big for my baby hands.

Most likely use lcp max, p10c or the ria tac ultra fs hc to make it happen. Want to get the 1911 trial a little more time. Have enjoyed the last few weeks with the ria. Just trying to be pro active before I throw more money in the ria. Never going to shoot comps so capacity has no impact on me.
    How cheap is cheap? I'm guessing Tisas will come up quite a bit. I'm thinking I'd like to get a commander sized SA Garrison.

Last edited:

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon

For “cheap” Tisas seems to be the way to go. IMHO, they’re the best brand in their price point. I picked mine up used here on INGO. I put in a few simple upgrades: EGW sear spring, barrel bushing and full length guide rod and I’ve been impressed with it for what it is. For a bit more you can pick up good used Springfield and have a better foundation to build on. I don’t personally have a lot of experience with Springfield but I know they are well regarded here and several members have them. I’ve shot a couple of them and IMO the Springfields are nicer than the Tisas out of the box and a more solid foundation if you want do upgrades. Others will come along and add more suggestions with more experience than I have.

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Tisas was first ones I thought of as well. Want to be cheap as possible bc will probably ad many parts as possible. The biggest deal breaker for me is it needs fiber optic front or at least dovetailed sights so I can add fiber optic. Bonus points if no rail. I hate rails on guns.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Tisas was first ones I thought of as well. Want to be cheap as possible bc will probably ad many parts as possible. The biggest deal breaker for me is it needs fiber optic front or at least dovetailed sights so I can add fiber optic. Bonus points if no rail. I hate rails on guns.
    Do you mean something like this? This one is not cheap though. IMG_2232.jpeg IMG_2299.jpeg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Tisas or Rock Island should fit the bill. Search their sites, find what you like and then use Gun Deals search engine to find an online retailer.

Be advised, pretty much nothing on a 1911 is drop in and will need fitted to some degree. And sometimes stuff does drop in, but that doesn't mean it's right. They are not Legos, G****s, or AR's. It took me an extremely long time to fully comprehend this.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Tisas or Rock Island should fit the bill. Search their sites, find what you like and then use Gun Deals search engine to find an online retailer.

Be advised, pretty much nothing on a 1911 is drop in and will need fitted to some degree. And sometimes stuff does drop in, but that doesn't mean it's right. They are not Legos, G****s, or AR's. It took me an extremely long time to fully comprehend this.
    Totally get it. That honestly is part of the appeal to me to get one to tinker with. Give me a reason to hang out more at family’s machine shop

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    That’s very much the look I’m going for I believe. Beautiful piece there.
    The story behind this one is it started out with a Springfield Range Officer. It went directly from the gun shop to Churchmouse. He along with AllenM produced it as you see it now. I have about $1875 in it. Was worth every penny...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Here is a 4.25" Ronin for $685. $749 after taxes and shipping insurance.
    Or do you want full size? What is your budget?

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville

Here is a 4.25" Ronin for $685.
    Haven’t really thought about size. Honestly don’t have a preference. Wanting to stay around a grand all said and done hopefully

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County

Here is a 4.25" Ronin for $685.
    Unfortunately for most you can’t get that price unless you qualify for the Firstline program.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom