THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Took a day off. Started the day early with a trip to the barber, met my wife for breakfast, got some fishing in, ran out to Honey Creek Tackle (which yielded no fishing or gun purchases as I didn't see anything I couldn't live without), came home did a little weed whacking, and then spent some time with my older neighbors out on their deck shooting the breeze.

Decent day.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Woo .... I slept until 9:30. That's even late by my standards. The cabin trip evidently wore me out.
    A two-day cabin trip is too rushed. I much prefer a three-day trip, but had to get home this time ..... wife is leaving on her yearly Girlcation.

I can't remember the last time that we had the air conditioning running this early in the year. Maybe (for whatever reason) there really is global warming. Or maybe it's just an anomaly this year. Doesn't matter .... I like my comfort.

Good to see H45 posting. I think that my amigo was mad at me !?!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My 17 year old son got a job unloading trucks at Walmart in West Lafayette.
    I got a job at a trucking line over a summer when I was 16 or 17. They had me out mowing parts of the terminal yard (with a raggedy old push mower), and would also have me go out to places where they had dropped of a trailer that needed to be loaded.

They didn't want to get caught with me on their dock since at the time there were restrictions on certain types of work if you were under 18. Apparently they didn't have concern if I got caught on someone else's dock.

Sometimes it was pallets of paper towels and I'd have a pallet jack, other times it was car or even semi tires that needed to be loaded individually by hand. Those semi tires weighed more than I did at the time.

Just thinking about those days now makes my back hurt. That was also some hot work in summer in FL.

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Just thinking about those days now makes my back hurt. That was also some hot work in summer in FL.

Perhaps our back problems could be traced to strenuous work in early age.

As a 16 year old summer job, I worked for a company that supplied all of the hard goods and soft goods to the German gardeners (commercial lettuce /tomato operations) on the southside of Indy.
    I remember (un-fondly) unloading train cars full of 6 cu./ft. bales of peat moss.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom