The Browning Hi-Power, Assembly and Disassembly, and a little rant.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I wonder how similar to my BDM this is. I may be able to use this as a guide for it as well.
    I've never needed to take my BDM down this far for anything but it is interesting.

Take-down takes about 5 seconds; drop mag, lock slide back, flip take-down lever, release slide and off. Thats it!

Never had any trouble with it and is nice and skinny for comfy carry and hold 15+1. The "Dual Mode" is cool (if not useless), I keep it in pistol mode but have played with revolver mode a few times. The safety has a nice positive feel and action and is also an ambidexterous de-cocking lever. The magazine "pops" out when you push the release button just fine. I had Browning make my mag release ambi as well.

View attachment 24929

Sorry I'm just getting around to this, it's been a busy week at work, busted water pipes spew liquid gold for my employer.

I've only shot the BDM once but I'm pretty sure the BDM is a totally different animal from the HP, so I don't think this guide will help you much. I can try and find a BDM to take down thread for you, but no guarantee on when that will happen, unless you don't mind loaning me yours for an afternoon.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nice old guns, can't disagree with the negatives but I like them, have three. They are accurate and look good in my book, mine are the old commercial models with the round hammer. Safety is small but it releases easily when swept by my thumb between the knuckle and hand joint.:)

Top Bottom